Natsuki X Reader: Rejection

Summer was the season. The sun is blazing over the sky and there were no clouds to cover the clear sky. It was definitely a perfect day. Tomorrow, summer vacation will start, so this is your last day at school before vacation starts.

You were walking down the hallway and saw a blonde boy making a river of tears in the hallway you were walking in. He was whining, more like shouting rude words at the world. You approached the boy that turned out to be Natsuki.

"Natsuki-kun, what's wrong?" You asked while peering down at his face, though you can't clearly see his face because he covered them with his hands.

Natsuki shook his head,"N-nothing is wrong with me!" He replied a bit too shaky. His voice sounded like he cried.

You patted his back,"there, there. Cheer up, Natsuki-kun,"

"I told you that there is nothing wrong with me!" He turned away from you and sat cross legged in front of a classroom door which is the room you both have this year.

You frowned at him,"you know, you're a bad liar. It's pretty obvious that you're down,"

"Y/N-chaaaannn!!! Kobayakawa-san rejected me!" Natsuki hugged you until you lost your balance.

You landed on the floor with a thud. You ended up on a sitting position. He keeps crying on your shoulder. You could feel his tears streaming down on your neck and didn't even mind it.

In fact, you had a crush on your classmate Natsuki. He barely noticed your feelings. You were happy when you found out that he broke up with his girlfriend but your celebrating was too soon, he grew feelings for a girl who lent him a tissue. Kobayakawa Anna...

"Tell me what's wrong?" You asked as he keeps on crying.

"I sent a letter to Kobayakawa-chan to meet up on the roof a-and then she-- rejected me," he sobbed, "she said we could be friends for a while then let feelings grow towards each other and the time isn't right,"

You grabbed Natsuki's shoulder, "Natsuki-kun, that isn't exactly rejecting, she means until you guys have the right age, she's ready to be with you,"

"Eh? Really, Y/N-chan?" He breaks free from the hug and looked at you with surprise.

"Y-yeah," you replied.

Natsuki stood up offers his hand. You took the offer and he pulls you up from the floor.

"Y/N-chan," he said your name.
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry that I hurt you in middle school," he said.

"Oh, that? When I confessed to you in middle school? Come on, it's from the past. We should get over it," you laughed from memory as if it wasn't a big deal and proof that you've moved on.

This is actually hurting you. You still liked Natsuki and you have been creating the effort to be nearer with him. Like being in the same class and school. You were such a masochist to chase a guy who already treasures someone.

"What are you waiting for? Give her a reply that you'll be waiting for her and you're serious about your feelings, I'm pretty sure Kobayakawa-san is still here helping the others," it hurts... you were breaking inside.

"Thank you, Y/N-chan," he grins at you and runs towards the stairs of the hall, "bye!" Those were the last words you heard from him as he climbs the staircase.

You haven't noticed it until something wet streamed on your cheek.

Tears...

*****

That was heartbreaking! If you don't think it is, then you're such a robot who doesn't feel things. Just kidding!

Leave a comment on what you think about it.