Tomoya X Reader: Flirtatious Bureaucrat

Duke! Matsunaga Tomoya X Reader
Title: Flirtatious Bureaucrat
This reader insert is set up in an AU where the ruling is monarchy. I just felt like doing an AU :V

I'm really unsure of the spelling of BUREAUCRAT. So sorry for not updating in a millenia.

I need people to get a head. I DO NOT DO REQUESTS AT THE MOMENT, I'M B-U-S-Y. There capslocked, bold and italic for everyone to see.

*****

Heavy rain pelted on you like ice. You walked through the vast palace hallways sloppily in wet clothes. It was his fault. You got late in tutoring the little prince, Natsuki, on his lessons. He might think you were neglecting your job as a teacher in the palace.

You were glad the books were not dragged into the scene. Wet tracks that came from your feet, sploshed on the intricate blue carpet. You opened the door to the lesson room, and you found the little prince happily conversing with a young brown-haired maid. She was the same age as your Highness.

You forgot that you were wet there for a moment. A cute scene unfolded in front of you, the heir to the throne, Prince Natsuki having a lively talk with a maid. The prince talking with maids is not that much of a problem, it's what he is.

"Ahem," you fakely cleared your throat causing them to jump a little.

"Your Highness, I'm sorry I'm late for our class despite some... err... few distractions,"

"Distractions? You mean be with Uncle Duke?"

You have the urge to throw the book at him. No matter how many times you told the child how you hate the duke, he would tease you whenever you mentioned some distractions or trouble.

"Kobayakawa-san, meet my teacher F/N L/N. Would you like to join us in our lesson?"

"Is that okay for you?" The little girl named Kobayakawa asked shyly and curled up like she had a shell to hide her shyness.

"Of course!" The prince chided in amusement to see that his offer has been accepted. He paused in his celebration and looked at your wet state, "why are you wet?"

"Prince Natsuki, lets have our lesson now, shall we?" Before he could say something to tease you again, you cut him off, "after I changed into proper and dry clothing,"

After you changed (you and Natsuki both have a locker in the room), you started the lesson with the children listening intently to your lessons, eager to learn something new today.

*****

"No assignments for today, Prince Natsuki. You've done well for the day," you turned to the petite maid, "and you Miss Anna, you're welcome to join our class anytime,"

The corners of her mouth curved into a wide smile, "thank you, teacher."

Beside her, the prince was having a small celebration for having a new classmate. You looked at the two of them, how sweet they looked. A future that you predict, they are a perfect pair when they grow up. In those jubilant thoughts, you remembered the law of the palace.

The heir to the throne is to be wed to royalty.

Maybe the prince will do something to that. You returned your attention to them, "lessons today are over. Have a little fun, my prince,"

Then he jumped over his chair, making his desk skid over creating a loud screech. You glared at his manners.

"Sorry," he mouthed. He then put it back to its proper place. He grabbed the maid's hand and they jolted through the door to play.

You chuckled at the sight of two children scampering to reach the palace's front garden. As you were arranging the books before you leave, the door creaked and you saw the most annoying bureaucrat in your whole life.

"Greetings," he said with a smirk that seemed to ruin your day even more.

*****

The red-head duke, Matsunaga Tomoya, was following you as you make your way to the kitchen where the lower members of the palace eat. Tutors, artists, maids and butlers bustle around to get their breakfast.

You swiped a bread from the tray swiftly, as you were in a hurry, flashy blue clothing and golden threads blocked your way. His height has a big difference to yours. No, not today. You woke up late, prepared yourself and have some breakfast, it was peak of the time for the prince's lessons.

He swerved to the right as you moved to the right. The duke mimicked your actions.

"This isn't funny!" You tried to shove him but he was stuck to the ground, not moving to your force.

When you tried to shove him off again, this time, he grabbed you by the wrists. He wound you outside the palace then sent you to the palace garden maze with him.

"What the-- unhand me! The prince is waiting for me!" You were trying to break free from his grip. But no use, they were like cuffs around your wrist.

Left. Right. Middle. Left. Left. You don't know where he is taking you anymore. He was dragging you along with him... getting lost in the maze, him having to like this moment.

Again you tried to break free, and again, it didn't work, "I'm late now." You groaned as you hear the sound of the six o' clock bell.

You took the lead this time, you were the one dragging him. He tried to stop you from going on.

"Please, listen to me just for once. I'm being serious, Y/N."

Just as he finished the sentence. Rain poured to a drizzle then to a shower.

You arrived at the lesson room like a wet dog.

*****

"In here to ruin my day again, sire?" You vigorously tapped the books on your desk to arrange them. The loud thump resonated in the room.

"Forgive me," he said.

"Duke Matsunaga Tomoya. The most trusted duke of the royal heir Prince Hashiba Natsuki. Deranged the teacher life of L/N F/N. Now who am I to believe an apology like that?"

He was about to say something but you spoke again, making him unable to say his thoughts, "the duke and duchess from the other kingdom, Duke Tsuyoshi Naoe and Duchess Yukiko Asai, the prince is seeking their audience in an hour,"
"What business do you have to be in the presence of their audience?"

"The prince needs a guardian. His mother--"

You finished your arranging and rushed past him. You could feel the both of your shoulders brushing against each other. Everything around you slowed down, as you could feel electricity traveling on your shoulder.

You didn't give it any more thoughts, you set it aside for now. For now, your schedule is a little bit tight today. Or really tight.

*****

Okay! So um... we need to stop here and patiently wait for part 2! Well, if you guys do want the part 2 because I don't really like my way of writing in this oneshot. I think something is wrong with it.

I think Y/N is really annoying because I can see that her attitude is really similar to Tsutsui. She treats Matsunaga as crap (I am trying hard not to cuss in this book).

Duke and Bureaucrat are two different nouns. I know that. But I'm too lazy to edit.