Chapter 1: One Step at a Time

"Just remember Nick, One step at a time," said Obi-Wan as he gave me a new Lightsaber. "I want you to remember something Nick," said Obi-Wan. "What is it?" as I examine my Lightsaber. Obi-Wan looked at me and said 
"This is a weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."   I knew what he was saying but didn't know why he told me this. I knew Obi-Wan was trying to help me but doesn't he have something better to do than this?
"There is one more thing I must say before I go," he said
"No matter what they say, never fall to the Dark Side, May the Force be with you, Nick."
Then he started to walk away but I wanted to know how to avoid the Dark Side, I tried following Obi-Wan but Mace Windu approached me and said
"He has to go now, he has other things to do."
"Master Windu, how do you avoid the Dark Side?" Mace gave me the most serious look I have seen from him
"Why are you asking me this question?" said Mace. "I'm just curious," I said nervously.
"I think you should talk to Master Yoda about that" as he starts walking away. I noticed that Yoda wasn't in his seat, he is probably teaching Jedi younglings or just meditating.

I start to walk out the Jedi Council room and then everyone that was in my Padawan class came up to me and were asking so many questions. "Did you talk to Master Yoda?"
"Was that Obi-Wan?" "Is that your new lightsaber?" "Was Plo Koon in there?"
They started to settle down and they were looking at something behind me.
I turned around and I was surprised like them, it was Anakin Skywalker, The Chosen One!
The one who will bring balance to the force! I also noticed that Obi-wan, Mace Windu, and Yoda were there too! Everyone began to be quiet so they can listen to what they were saying and I started to listen to them.
"Anakin Skywalker, we have approved your appointment to the Council as the Chancellor's personal representative." Said Mace "I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Jedi Order."
Anakin said "Allow this appointment lightly, the Council does not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine." Says Yoda "I understand," says Anakin
"You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master," Mace says.
Anakin reacts with anger "What?! How can you do this?? This is outrageous, it's unfair . . . I'm more powerful than any of you. How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" Anakin says furiously
"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Said Mace "Forgive me, Master," says Anakin.
Anakin goes and sits in one of the empty chairs. Everyone is embarrassed and Anakin is disappointed.
When the council was done talking to Anakin I tried approaching to him but Obi-Wan was with him and gave me a dirty look. I knew what he was saying leave us alone. Then I see Anakin and Obi-Wan walk down the hallway.

My friend June approached me and said "Congrats Nick!, I'm so proud of you!"
She was considered second best in our class but I always thought she was better than me.
"Thanks, June, you know I always thought you were going to be a Jedi Knight first"
I said "Me too" I don't know why but I'm always nervous when I talk to her.
I want to tell her so many things but I don't know why I can't.
"Well I think I have to go back to class now, I'll see you later Nick," June says as she starts walking away.
"June Wait! I found these hologram things whatever you call them in my room yesterday maybe we can talk later tonight or some other time?" I say nervously.
Honestly, I'd rather talk to her in person but I just get too nervous when I'm talking to her.
"Oh, of course, I would love to but I don't want us to get caught using these," says June. I put the hologram contraption in her hand and I wrap my hands around hers "Trust me, we won't."
we both stood there looking at each other for a long time, we were both staring deeply into each other's eyes. I was really lost in her beautiful brown eyes, I can imagine seeing a sunset in them. Then I noticed that my hands started to get a little sweaty, then she gave me a hug and my face was getting so hot and she left.

I've always had thought Do I have feelings for her? Do I like her? Do I love her? Maybe I do? but I have to follow the Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.There is no passion, there is serenity.There is no chaos, there is harmony.There is no death, there is the Force

I'm pretty sure I'm starting to break one of those rules.

As I start heading to my room I start having a strange feeling in the Force. It feels so evil, dark, and powerful. I put my back on the wall and I slowly sit on the floor and start hearing two voices in my head.
"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural," says a man.
"The Sith rely on their passion for their strength. They think inward, only about themselves." the man says.
"Is it possible to learn this power?" says another man "Not from a Jedi." says the man.
They started to stop and as I got up I see Chancellor Palpatine walk to the Jedi Council.
I never trusted him, he always seemed suspicious to me. Then he approached me "Hello Padawan I mean Jedi Knight, I forgot that you became a Jedi Knight." says Palpatine. "Yeah I did," I said
"Tell me, do you feel different?" questions Palpatine "No not that I know of."
"Good well I must go now, Congrats Nick," said Palpatine. I saw a smirk on his face as he started to walk away. Now I'm starting to hate him.

I enter my room and I get my notebook and I start to write down the things I heard earlier and I start to understand why Obi-Wan told me to me to never fall to the Dark Side.
As I finish writing I start hearing a call.
I look around and I realize that it that hologram thing I found and It was June calling me!
"Hey, June." As I look at her I start to notice how cute and pretty she is.
I also start realizing that I'm starting to have feelings for her.
"Hey Nick!....so what do you want to talk about?" says June.