Chapter Twenty-Eight

Regina blinked as the warm morning sunlight flooded in through the windows and she smiled as she closed her eyes and ran her hand over the smooth, deep purple silk sheets. Emma's body was warm against her back and her arm was draped over her middle, a hand splayed lightly in the valley between her breasts and a strong thigh between her legs.

She loved waking up just like this, with Emma holding on to her and her soft breath tickling over the back of her neck. What she wouldn't give to have this every day, to wake up just like this every single day for the rest of her life. But they were taking things one step at a time, one day at a time, and even though she knew that one day she would ask Emma to marry her, that one day this would become a reality, she knew it was still too soon.

It was still too soon even though the ring was in the glovebox in her car. It was still too soon even though there had been plenty of moments since Emma arrived the night before that were almost the perfect moment to ask her. But it was too soon. Still far too soon to take that next step in their relationship.

She wanted it, she wanted that happy ending she'd been dreaming of her whole life. She wanted to share a life with Emma, to call her her wife, to share a home and maybe even have a baby together. She was getting ahead of herself, but she really couldn't stop those thoughts from invading her mind so early in the morning. Especially not with Emma snuggled up against her, their bodies fitting together perfectly, like they were made for one another.

Regina placed a hand over the one that was nestled snuggly between her breasts and she felt Emma stir as she did and she smiled, humming at the feel of Emma's lips against her bare shoulder. She turned her head to meet Emma's lips in a soft, tender kiss and when they parted, Regina laid her head back down on the pillow as Emma's lips moved back to her shoulder, kissing over her skin softly and slowly. The thigh between her legs rose higher with every kiss until Regina could feel it pressing against her center firmly.

Oh yes, she definitely wanted to wake up every morning just like this.

"Morning," Emma whispered in between kisses along her shoulder.

"Good morning," Regina hummed as she rolled her hips against Emma's strong thigh.

They moved fluidly together until Emma was on top, her thigh back between Regina's legs as their lips met in a deep, passionate kiss that left Regina throbbing in need. It was no secret that Emma was incredibly horny in the mornings and it was just one of many things she loved about waking up in her arms. The sheet fell from around Emma's back, exposing them to the slight chill in the air.

Emma moaned as she moved against Regina's thigh, their bodies moving together in a rhythm they both knew all too well. In a matter of moments, the chill in the air was forgotten as the heat they were generating together enveloped around both of them. Regina scratched her short nails down Emma's back, arching into her as they kissed harder, deeper, unable to get enough of each other. She could never get enough of her.

There was just something about the way the sunlight flooded in past the windows that made everything glow in the warm morning light that stole away the chill still lingering in the air. Even with the emptiness in the apartment, Regina felt so at home with Emma there with her. It was a feeling she found herself experiencing more often than not and it was a feeling that felt so right, so natural to her now.

Even after spending hours making love and only getting a handful of hours of sleep, Regina wanted her again, over and over, just as she knew Emma wanted her too. There was no question about how they felt about one another anymore, not even lingering doubts or fear that Emma would leave her and their relationship would be over. Again. Those thoughts hadn't been there for months on an end and they never would come back ever again. Regina made sure of that by pouring every ounce of her love into their relationship and into Emma, making sure that even with the distance between them, that their relationship never changed, that it only grew stronger with every passing day.