Chapter Fifty-Four

After a long week as newlyweds, spent working and spending time together and with Henry as a family, Emma found herself watching the clock early that Thursday afternoon. It'd been a slow week as usual, her time spent catching up on paperwork so she could head to Boston with Regina that very night, taking Friday off. With Monday being a holiday, it would give them four days together, alone in their apartment in Boston, a mini-honeymoon of sorts until they could find the time to fly away somewhere else for two long, blissful weeks together.

Four long, Henry-less days together. She smiled at the thought of spending the next four days with her wife in their apartment in Boston, probably the last time for a while since they had barely found time to return there since February. She had to admit, she missed their weekends there from time to time, because it was essentially their first place together, a place where they made a whole different set of memories, a place that was just theirs.

Emma sighed as she signed off on the last of her paperwork and placed it in the folder. Just as she leaned back in her chair, she heard August yelling out for her.

"Swan, you busy?" August yelled out from his desk and Emma groaned, moving to stand in the open doorway of her office. "No? Good."

"What do you want, Booth?"

"Got a couple of visitors," he said, nodding over to where Carter and Rolin were standing. Each were dressed in their black suits and each were holding on to shiny leather briefcases. "Can I get you two anything to drink?"

"No, we're fine," Carter replied.

"Carter, Rolin," Emma nodded at them. "Shall we talk in my office?"

"Yes, that would be best."

Emma tried to ignore the slight panic that rose in her chest seeing the two Special Agents there again. Any time she saw them in Storybrooke, it meant there was something going on with the investigation that they promised they would not give up on until it was solved, once and for all. Emma let them enter her office first before following them inside and shut the door behind her.

"Does Regina know that you are here?" Emma asked once she was in her chair and the two were seated on the opposite side of her desk. "Should I call her?"

"I called her before we arrived here. She should be on her way," Carter replied. "Should we wait for her to arrive?"

"What kind of information did you bring today?"

"Something we're hoping to use to bring further progress to the investigation," Carter said and Rolin nodded as Carter placed his briefcase on the desk. "Proof of sorts."

"Something solid?" Emma asked. "Like actual proof?"

"Another bank statement. This one from the day you were shot," Carter replied and upon Rolin's nod, he pulled the bank statement out of his briefcase and handed it to Emma. "We finally got a warrant to have the bank to print the statement out the day she made that withdrawal. She had put in an order for another fifteen grand to be withdrawn days later, but she never showed up for that appointment, not until the day Vinnie showed up again to finish his assassination he was paid for."

"You guys tried that before, with the murder of Bridget Sinclair and it didn't stick."

"Because the original statement had been tampered with many, many years ago to cover up those transactions and the one we had was "proven" to be forged."

"Is it going to happen again?" Emma asked, handing the statement back to Carter. "Surely she covered her tracks again as well as she did last time."