Chapter Fifty-Nine

Two days following the trip to the hospital, Emma was starting to feel almost completely better and back to her normal self, though food still sat unsettled at times and waves of nausea hit her randomly. Booth covered for her down at the station while she spent most of her time in bed, as per Regina's explicit orders. Regina herself had only gone into her office for a few hours in the morning, returning home to look at her recuperating wife. While Emma loved the attention, she hated it at the same time.

She was perfectly capable of taking care of herself when she was sick. She'd done it hundreds of times for her whole life, never having anyone that cared enough to take care of her, not even when she was very young. Yet, despite how she felt about being taken care of like that, she did enjoy spending time with Regina just lounging in bed. Even when it'd been a full forty-eight hours since the last time she'd thrown up, every attempt to seduce Regina was met with a stern look and a swat of hands.

Now it was early Saturday morning and Emma was the first to wake, tiny rays of sunlight making their way throw the partially closed blinds, bathing the room in a soft glow, just bright enough for her to see Regina's face as she slept peacefully next to her on her side.

She hadn't brought up what Cora had said the day she showed up at the station, about Regina being infertile. With her being sick and Regina on edge a little since she too had been visited by her mother the very same day, she wasn't sure how to bring it up. They hadn't talked much more about adoption either, the topic a lingering one, one that she knew Regina had inquired about for a second time first thing Tuesday morning.

She woke her wife up the way she loved to most, with tiny kisses rained over her face until she felt her stir and planted a soft kiss to her lips. Regina murmured against her lips before her eyes fluttered open slowly.

Emma knew if she was going to bring up what Cora had told her, she'd have to be a little creative in doing so, even if that involved idle thoughts of having a baby of their own instead of adopting. It wasn't what she wanted, she'd been pregnant once and that was more than enough of an experience for her. Regina hadn't expressed wanting to have a baby of her own either, more on board with adoption right from the first mention of expanding their family.

"Morning," Emma smiled and she received a sleepy kiss as Regina let her eyes close again and exhaled contently.

"Morning, my love," she hummed, leaning into her and nuzzled her nose against Emma's before kissing her once more. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. Much better."

"I'm happy to hear that, darling, but it is quite early and it's Saturday."

Emma wasn't going to let her go back to sleep just yet, the thought of her being infertile and the fact she had never told her now at the front of her mind, well, right behind the thoughts of wanting to ravish Regina because she hadn't in a handful of days. She wasn't sure whether Regina was in the mood or not, as sleepy as she was, but Emma knew exactly how to get her there and they had all the time in the world that morning for her to do just that.

She inhaled slowly before raining kisses along Regina's face again, pulling a sexy little smile out of her wife. She shifted under the covers, her lips trailing hot, wet kisses over Regina's neck, pausing to stop and suck over the junction between her neck and shoulder.

"Emma..."

"Hmm?" Emma murmured and she didn't stop, moving to straddle Regina's hips as her lips moved lower, her tongue dipping out for a taste. She leaned back, staring down at her beautiful, sleepy wife, and ran her hands up her abdomen, gently squeezing her breasts and loving the feel of her nipples hardening under the silk nightshirt she wore.