Chapter Seventy-Four

Emma sat on the bench next to Regina, watching as Henry explored the new park in the forest with Rachel's hand firmly in his own. After their first breakfast as a family, they had gotten ready for the day, Henry already talking up a storm with Rachel about the new park and how he couldn't wait to show her. It was when Regina had gone through Rachel's things that they discovered she didn't have a proper jacket for the late October weather, at least not anything suitable enough.

That meant they needed to go shopping for clothes and while Regina was delighted over doing just that, Rachel wasn't really sure what to make of it. Despite it being a small town, there was a clothing store that had a decent selection of baby, toddler and children's clothes. Emma sat with Henry by the fitting room, watching Regina as she held up every thing she plucked off the shelf up to Rachel before draping them over her arm and moved on to the next.

Two hours and a few hundred dollars later, Rachel had more clothes than she ever had in her life, Emma was certain of, and a few jackets suited for every season and weather they experienced there in Storybrooke. The shopping trip had been a bit of a blessing in disguise because it gave Regina time to bond with Rachel.

Rex tugged on his leash that Emma tied to the bench beside of her, yipping as their two children ran past them, Rachel chasing Henry down and squealing when he let her catch him. Emma smiled and draped an arm around Regina's shoulders. It was a perfect Saturday and it wasn't even lunch time yet.

"I think she's settling in just fine, don't you?" Emma asked and Regina nodded slowly, moving to lean in closer to her as she shivered a little. "Are you cold?"

"I'm fine and I think you are right. She is settling in rather nicely. I think a big part of that is because of Henry. He's simply wonderful with her."

"He's amazing," Emma beamed proudly, watching as Rachel tugged hard on Henry's hand and pulled him towards the swings. "Not the big kid swing, Henry! She'll fall off!"

"I know, Ma!" He yelled back and after a bit of a struggle, he managed to get her into the baby swing. "How high do you want to go, Rachel?"

"Like birdies!"

"High in the sky!" Henry laughed and he stood behind her and pushed the swing gently.

"Do you want to go to the Diner for lunch?" Emma asked Regina softly. "I'm sure Granny would love to see her again."

"I'm sure she'll be doted on completely there," she chuckled. "I have been feeling a little peckish lately."

Emma knew all too well what that meant and that meant Regina was in the mood for a greasy burger and Granny's famous homemade fries, something she definitely didn't indulge in very often.

"Come here," Emma murmured as she reached out and titled Regina's chin, guiding her in for a soft yet sweet kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, darling," Regina smiled and she leaned back in for another kiss that lingered longer than the last. "First thing Monday morning I'll call the daycare center and see if they have any space available for Rachel. I'd like for her to start immediately."

"Do you want me to see if August'll cover my shift on Monday so I can stay home with her? I'm sure he won't mind."

"You don't need to do that. I can arrange for a day out of office and work from home while I keep an eye on Rachel."

"Are you sure?"

"Emma!" Rachel squealed happily, drawing both their attention over to the toddler on the swing. "Go high like birdies!"