Chapter 9

Everyone fell asleep and Liam and I put up the armrests. He's laying against the side of the plane with his head against the window and I'm between his legs against his back.

I've never been touched by a guy before in like, a sexual way. Right now is the closest I've ever been to a penis.

Neither one of us are talking, we're just kinda sitting.

I want to be his so badly.

He sighs slowly and runs his hands up and down my arms.

"What are you thinking about?" he whispers.

"You." I whisper. "Us."

He wraps his arms around my waist and sighs quietly.

He's quiet for a long time.

"I...I love you. I know you know that. I've just, I've never directly told you. Not without it being mentioned first."

I smile, resting my head back against his shoulder, setting my arms on his wrists.

"I know." I whisper.

I want to say it back, but I still don't know.

We're both kinda quiet.

"That song..." I hesitate. "Did you write it?"

He doesn't answer for a second.

"No...you don't know Nickelback?"

"What's that?"

He gasps.

"This is mutiny!"

I laugh softly. He shifts to dig his phone from his pocket, pushing himself further against me.

He stands up though.

The plane jerks, and Liam falls, almost on top of me, but he catches himself with his hands, his lips inches from mine because of the impact.

"I almost took your lips off." He whispers.

If this was two weeks ago, this situation would've been extremely awkward.

He leans in and kisses me, and then straightens up and lifts me right off the seat. I gasp.

He turns me around so I'm sitting facing him, and he sits down and plugs his headphones into his phone. He hands me one of them, and puts the other one in his ear. "Do you like rock?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No."

"Have you listened to it before?"

I shake my head.

"Alright, well, just try them out." He says. He presses play. I jump. The music starts loudly. He laughs. I wince.

"No, I don't like this." I start to take out the earbud.

"Please try them." He begs. "Just listen to the album. You never have to listen to them again if you don't like them."

"Alright." I sigh.

The singer starts to sing, and his voice is very manly and deep and rough and raspy.

It's attractive sounding, and Liam sounds rough and raspy as well.

He's so cute. He's doing air drums and mouthing the words.

I'm grinning from ear to ear.

It's moments like this. This is what makes him so addicting.

The song ends, and the next one starts.

How the hell'd we wind up like this

Why weren't we able