CHAPTER 1 : It's A Pleasure

Tasha strode confidently into the so called 'throne room' of Jabba the Hutt, her black ponytail swinging slightly as she walked behind Bib Fortuna. Bounty hunters and strange aliens lined the walls, most of their eyes following her as she sashayed past them. The pale twi'lek stopped in front of Jabba, announcing the girl.

"Hey Jabba," she said, nodded to him casually, her hand resting on her blaster holster.

"Tasha, my dear," said Jabba in Huttese, "when are you going to pay me back? You said you would after your next shipment,"

"Look Jabba," Tasha said, rolling her eyes slightly, "the shipment was a success; I'm just having a little funding issue at the moment."

"Well, if you don't have my money, I can think of . . . alternative payment arrangements." His large tongue rolled along his lip, and Tasha cringed, but only very slightly, the disgust obvious on her face. A tall man, who even though he was at least six foot, wasn't much taller than the raven headed girl, pushed her out of the way, facing Jabba.

"Look Jabba, give the girl a break," he said, his tone commanding and strong, he clearly held some credit around here. Tasha's green eyes flicked to him, watching intently. Jabba grumbled something at the man, who gave an unimpressed roll of his eyes. "Yes, but she'll pay you back in her own time." Jabba huffed sulkily, "Jabba, you're a wonderful human being," he said sarcastically, walking over to the girl. She immediately noticed his green-brown eyes, staring slightly into them. He smirked, and her face flushed slightly to be caught staring, but she never broke eye contact.

"Thank you," she said when he was close enough to hear her.

"No problem, princess." He said, leaning against the same doorway she was. Her eyes flicked down, and she played with slightly frayed edge of her cropped singlet. "So" he says, leaning down so that his eyes still met hers, "what's a nice-looking girl like you doing in this place? Shouldn't you be headed out somewhere a little classier than this?" this caused her to smile, her eyes flicking back up to his. She shrugged slightly, her black leather jacket shifting on her shoulders.

"I'm a Ryann, nice things and me don't tend to attract each other," she crossed her arms back over her chest, "and also, classy? On Tatooine?" His eyes widened slightly when she said her name.

"Ryann? You're Tasha Ryann? If I'd have known that you were this hot I would've cleaned up a bit," she let out a light laugh, causing him to smirk once more. He stuck out his hand, "I'm Han. Han Solo." She shook it, still smiling.

"Latasha Ryann." She says, "but, you knew that," she sighed, "well, I better get going if I'm gonna repair my ship. If it can be repaired,"

"What happened?" he asked. She shook her head slightly.

"Ran into a star destroyer on my way back here and took a few heavy hits. Its either going to cost me twice what I owe Jabba to fix it, or probably not be repairable; from the way I left it it's probably the latter,"

"Do you need a lift anywhere?" he asked. She shook her head.

"I've got my speeder to get me to mos Eisley and I'll go from there. Speaking of going," she said, pushing herself off the wall, "it was a pleasure to meet you, Han Solo," she said, walking past him and through the smoke filled room.

"Likewise Latasha Ryann," he muttered, watching her go.