Chapter 13 : Are You OK, Tash?

Tasha tried to seem like her normal self for the remainder of the flight, but it was hard with the combined pressure of Leia's scrutiny and the slight throbbing in her side which, whilst it had improved, still hurt like hell. Han noticed, and kept asking if she was ok. Shrugging, she just kept replying that it was nothing she couldn't handle. She hated being pitied, it made her feel weak, and this raven headed girl couldn't abide weakness.

The ship landed with a slight jolt, the green of Yavin IV's jungle enveloping the grey mass of the Falcon, disappearing into the wilderness. Except for a few sentry posts scattered around the perimeter of the base, the unknowing eye would have no clue as to what lied beneath the ruins that were scattered there.

Tasha's mind kept flicking back to her dream, or nightmare, or flashback or whatever the hell it was. She felt that familiar uncomfortable writhing sensation that something was trying to claw its way out of her. She hadn't told anyone, but no one knew she had delved into Vader's mind slightly when she had felt his presence.

Could he have found her again and be trying to force a connection with her? Sure, she'd had nightmares before about everything that had happened, but that had felt so different, so real. It scared her. Han stood up, removing himself from the controls of his ship as Chewie made the final landing checks, walking out the cockpit.

Tasha followed him, now almost on instinct. She was lost in her thoughts, her muscles reacting on their own. It was only when she was stood in the passenger lounge she snapped out of it, Han's fingers snapping in front of her face pulling her out of her reverie, watching her sister's cold look as she left the aircraft.

"What's up with you?" Han asked, "You don't seem yourself."

"And you would know all about that, wouldn't you, Solo?" she snapped, her green eyes boring into him. His face instantly hardened at her iciness.

"look, sweetheart, I was just making sure you were all right, god dammit." He stormed down the ramp and out into the cool air of the moon, leaving Tasha stood there, still seething. What gave him the right to be upset? What had he lost? Nothing. What had Tasha lost? A man that was like her brother, her father, her mother, her entire planet! Why was he acting so wounded? It wasn't all about him!

A growl of frustration left her lips as her head fell into her hands. She had to pull herself together. She was becoming an emotional wreck, and it had taken her years to learn how to let her emotions just fizzle in the background instead of coming up to haunt her.

"let it go, Tash," she muttered to herself, "let it go." She slung her duffle bag over her shoulder, pulling out her lightsaber and clipping it to her belt. No secrets here, there was no need, by now most of the people here knew her anyway. What she was worried about was that her top was hiding very little.

"Tasha?" said Luke in an uncertain voice, and Tasha turned around to face the slightly bewildered farm boy. Her hair was slightly messy, pulling itself out of the braid, an extremely tired look in her eyes.

"yes?" she said, her voice sounding just as tired as she looked. He wasn't quite sure what to say to her in that moment.

"are you okay?" she sighed, a slightly resigned sound.

"I will be," she said, "eventually." Her mouth twitched up slightly, but her eyes stayed that dull tired green.

"what about you, pretty boy?" she asked, "are you alright?" he nodded, his blue eyes also cloudy.

"come on kid," she said, holding out her hand to him, "it's time to be heroes."