CHAPTER 3 : Coincidence

Tasha walked back over to the table with the handsome smuggler, her drink in her hand, a tight lipped smile on her face instead of the usual scowl.

"Business seems good," she said, setting herself into the seat next to him.

"You can say that again, princess." He said his trademark smirk on his face, "seventeen thousand for transport to Alderaan." Tasha tilted her head to the side quizzically.

"Same place as me? Coincidence." Han shrugged.

"Now," he said, throwing an arm around her shoulder, "about that drink," she tossed her head back laughing. The barrel of a blaster poked her in the side, and her glare immediately finding its way onto her face.

"Watch it!" she snapped, turning towards the owner of the gun. She froze for a second as the green, tapir snout came into view.

"Going somewhere, Solo?" asked Greedo, and Tasha could see his trigger finger poised dangerously close to firing.

"Yes, Greedo." Said Han, sliding into a seat next to Tasha, "as a matter of fact I was just on my way to see your boss. Tell Jabba I've got the money." Tasha looked over at Han, raising her eyebrows slightly, and Han giving an almost imperceptible shake of his head.

"Jabba's through with you! And Miss Ryann too!" Tasha inclined her head sarcastically toward the green alien.

"Nice to see you too Greedo," she muttered as Han argued with Greedo. She was glad that he hadn't heard her; if he had he may have thought twice about not firing that gun at her.

"No, I don't have it with me," Han said, placing his booted feet on the table. Tasha cast a careful look at Greedo, and passed her blaster to Han under the table, her eyes locked on his and her other hand resting gently on his shoulder. He glanced at her, twirling a strand of her black hair around his finger to cover up the exchange. Greedo babbled crossly in Huttese, cutting Han off. Tasha wasn't exactly fluent in Huttese, but she knew enough to make out the words 'take your ship', and saw Han's jaw tighten slightly.

"Over my dead body," he said, glaring at the green creature.

"That's the idea. I've been looking forward to killing you for a long time." Greedo said, with what Tasha would describe as him smirking.

"Yeah, I bet you have," says Han casually, as both the guns go off. Greedo slumps onto the table, a nasty blaster hole in his chest.

"Nice shot," said Tasha, taking her gun back off the pirate, "thank you," she said, looking into his eyes.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," he replied, "now, lets get out of here," he pulled her up out of the seat, and they both walked out, Han tossing a few coins to the bartender.

"Sorry about the mess!" she called to the bar tender as she walked out the door and back into the searing heat of this desert planet.