Chapter 11 : Female Advice

"Now if we could avoid any more female advice, we might be able to get out of here," Han said looking pointedly at Leia. She rolled her eyes, a gesture Tasha was used to. A large gurgling rumbling came from the garbage shoot, a slimy tentacle reaching forward. Tasha screeched, jumping back slightly into Han. The smuggler gently pulled the girl behind him. Chewie howled in fear, scampering down the corridor.

Tasha laughed slightly at his antics, even though she knew she probably shouldn't. The Wookiee glowered at her slightly, growling softly. Han looked over at the Wookiee in exasperation, which only made Tasha laugh more.

Leia watched the three of them and she felt a slight pang of jealousy. She remembered the days when her sister would laugh at her like that, that she could make her laugh like that. She sighed inwardly, but nothing reached the surface except for venom towards the three of them.

"Chewie, come here," Han said, quiet yet still clearly irritated. The Wookiee shook his head, the apprehension clear in his old, soft eyes. Han pulled out his blaster and the smile quickly disappeared from Tasha's face.

"No!" said Leia, "wait!"

"Han, they'll hear!" Tasha said in an urgent whisper, but the smuggler ignored her. Now it was Tasha's turn to roll her eyes.

"Come here ya big coward," Han said, rather loudly to Tasha's dismay, well, the dismay of all of the others. Chewie still shook his head. "Chewie, come here." He said sternly, but Leia cut him off.

"Listen," she said harshly, her small voice quiet but still containing enough bite to cut through the air, the smuggler immediately looking down at the small brunette with the razor tongue. "I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on, you do as I tell you, okay?" everyone could tell the matter wasn't up for discussion.

Han stared at her in disbelief as she walked away from him. He looked at Luke, who shrugged in response, rather taken aback by the young girl. Tasha just groaned slightly.

"Listen here, your worship," Han said, following Leia as she walked down the corridor, "I take orders from just one person: Me." he said, pointing at his chest, leaning down to look her in the eye.

"Really, you seem to be hanging off of Tasha's every word. It's a wonder you're still alive." She replied, no venom seeming in her voice, but Tasha knew it was there.

"Don't be bitter, Leia," Tasha said, her voice seemingly exasperated, but she was angry. She had just saved Leia's life, and the little brat didn't seem at all grateful. No, Leia wasn't a brat, Tasha knew that, but Han didn't.

"No reward is worth this," he muttered to Tasha, and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Suck it up." She replied, rolling her eyes with a rather bored expression, "you'll get your money."

She sure was a puzzle, thought Han, pausing slightly to watch her. Considering Leia was Tasha's sister, he had been expecting to see much more of a resemblance between them, but they didn't look very much alike. Tasha was tall, with jet black hair and eyes that shone like those green gems he'd smuggled onto Corellia for Jabba once where as Leia was fairly short, with her mousy brown hair pulled regally back off her face and her brown orbs.

They did have one thing in common though: the way both their eyes have that spark, that fire that lights them from behind, that fire that sets their souls on fire. Han Solo had seen eyes in many different girls on many different planets; but they all seemed to fade when he saw Tasha's.

"Hurry up, Solo!" she called lightly back to him, and Luke nudged him forward slightly.

They walked through the corridors of the space station, trying to find their way back to where the three of them had come from. Tasha jogged forward a few steps to a window space, hoping it would be looking out over the hangar that they needed. She grinned when she saw the familiar shape of the Falcon sat rather despondently by itself, a few guards milling around the area.