CHAPTER 6 : Simple Tricks and Nonsense

"

"So, who are you?" said the farm boy, Luke Skywalker, looking at her with curiosity in his young eyes that looked so like his father's.

"Latasha Ryann," she replied, simply, as though she were avoiding a longer answer to the question.

"The truth, Tasha," said obi-wan, looking at her pointedly, as though he knew she was going to avoid it again.

"I'm the princess of Alderaan," she grumbled, begrudgingly.

"Why were those stormtroopers after you?" asked Han.

"mainly because of that, but also cause I'm also a rebel spy," she muttered, casting her green eyes towards the ground.

"You're what?" he exclaimed. Tasha glared at him.

"I'm a rebel spy, got it?!" she yelled at him, shoving him with her shoulder as she passed, walking out. Han stared after her incredulously, and obi-wan let out a long breath, raising his eyebrows slightly.

"She's mellowed out a bit," obi-wan said, chuckling nervously, "I suppose that's something." Han turned, still dumb-founded, and raised his eyebrows at obi-wan.

"Mellowed out?" he said, "What the hell was she like before?"

Tasha glared at her hands, scrutinizing her immaculate fingernails. She tried not to bite them, a bad habit she had tried to stop over the years, and they were just growing back from the amount of stress of her last smuggling job. They were painted a particularly fiery shade of red. She heard the footsteps coming towards her, but ignored them. Han stopped, and just stood there, staring at her; not that that did anything to help her mood.

"What?" she finally snapped, glaring up at him ferociously. His face hardened.

"Look sweetheart, you can't just say something like that and then just walk out as though it were nothing." Tasha pushed herself up off the wall, still glaring at Han.

"Well, I hate to break it to you lover boy, but I just did,"

"Why didn't you just say-" he began, but Tasha cut him off.

"There's no 'just' about this. I couldn't tell you because I didn't know if I could trust you. Hell, I'm still not sure I can."

"Give me some credit," he said, rolling his eyes, "please."  For the second time that day, Tasha just snapped. Her right hand balled itself into a fist, and she swung at Solo, almost hitting him square in the jaw. Key word: almost. Han ducked, catching her hand in midair and pinning her against the wall. Tasha raised her knee as though to kick him, and as he moved out of the way, stomped down hard on his foot, causing him to wince in pain, but he didn't release her. She glared at him again.

"Look," she said, now sounding almost bored, "I didn't tell you so I didn't blow my cover. I stormed out 'cause you annoyed me, and I'm sorry. Happy now?" he leaned closer to her, glancing down at her lips. Tasha noticed.

"Very happy," he said, leaning even closer. Tasha leaned in too, but just before their lips met, Tasha stomped on his foot again. She used his surprise (and sounds of pain) to slide out of his grip, walking back to the passenger lounge.

Tasha walked back into the room the others were still sat in, chewie playing chess against Artoo and Threepio, Luke practicing with a blue lightsaber, Obi-wan sat over by a control panel.

"Remember," he said, "a Jedi can feel the force flowing through him."

"So it controls your actions?" asks the boy.