Chapter Twelve - Numbers

"Lewis? Where were you?" His father, Rob, called out to Louis. Louis froze.

Shit.

Louis hesitated. "I, uh, I was at school,"

Why was he here?

"School?" His dad stepped closer. "School ended about an hour ago. Why was your car with you?" He towered over Louis.

"I uh, I," Louis stepped back. He swallowed. "I was at Nick's house," He let out a breath he didn't notice he was holding.

"So, you weren't at school," His dad stepped closer. Louis' back hit the wall behind him.

"Um..." Louis looked up at his dad. Soon enough a hand collapsed with his cheek.
"Liar." Rob turned around, started walking and said, "What's for lunch?"

"I, I think there's pasta," Louis rushed to the fridge and opened it. "Are you hungry?" He already got a plate out. A loud thump was hear and television noises started forming.

"Yeah, make me pasta." Rob yelled from the couch. Louis put the pasta in the microwave. It was soon over, and Louis handed the plate to Rob. Rob took it and started eating, no word spoken. Louis got back up to his room.

Fuck, shit. What the fuck was he doing here?! He wasn't home for like four months. I... I thought he wasn't coming back, yet...

Louis pulled his phone out. He texted his mum.

Hey. Did you know dad was coming home? He's eating right now.
Louis

He waited for an answer. His phone buzzed not so long after.

No, did he tell you why he was back? And - the pasta is yours, what are you going to eat?

Louis didn't mind not eating right now. He wasn't hungry.

He didn't tell me yet. Maybe later.

~~~

Louis was walking down the hall, his back slung behind him carelessly. He was early to school today, he wanted to get out of the house as fast as possible.

He saw Harry there. He had crutches, one soppourting him and one leaning against the locker. Harry pulled some notebooks from his locker and closed it. He turned around, his eyes meeting Louis'.

Harry put his bag on slowly, eyes not losing contact. He grabbed the second crutch and stabled himself.

Louis started walking closer. Harry looked down, then back up. Louis stopped about three meters away from Harry.

"How's your leg?" He asked, his hands in his pockets.
"S'okay. Thank you." He thanked god for not shuttering. Louis nodded.

"You... Did you p-put your phone number...?" Harry asked, pulling out his phone slightly. Louis nodded again.

"Call me if anything happens again."

Louis saw Nick and started walking over to him.