Chapter 5

Holy crap, 1k + views??! Thank you!! Y makes me happy that you are enjoying this story! <3

It has been a few days since your last mission with Obi. You tried your best to not make anything obvious about the fact that you realized that you started crushing on him.
You've told yourself so many times that it'll never work out, that Obi already likes someone else and it will simply never work out.
But there was something about Obi that just made it impossible to let your feelings go.

It was early in the morning and it was your day off today. You were lazing around in bed until you heard a knock on the door.

You got up and opened the door to see Kiki.
"Good morning F/n."

Seeing Kiki in the morning usually meant that Zen needed you.

"Good morning to you too Kiki. What brings you here today?" You asked.

"To bring you some orders, the usual." She smiled.

"So much for a day off." You sighed.

"No worries f/n, these orders start in a few days. Zen just wanted you to know ahead of time to get ready." She responded showing a note from Prince Raji.

"What's this?" You opened the note and it was an invitation to Tanbarun.

"This is for Shirayuki though." You handed back the note to Kiki.

"Yes but you and Obi will be accompanying her to Tanbarun." She responded.
"You will be attending a ball."

"A ball?! I don't know anything about those things or how to act or even what to wear!" You slightly panicked. You learned that these things were extremely formal and that's not something you're accustomed to.

"Yet again, no worries! Shirayuki is the same so she will be taking some classes. You're more than welcome to come by." She added.

"But Kikiiiiii!" You kneeled down and begged her to help you get out of it.
"Take my spot please!"

The ball was part of the reason why you didn't want to go but another reason was that it was just going to be you, Obi and Shirayuki. You could already feel the awkwardness.

"F/n? They're not that bad." She sweat dropped a bit.

You then realized that there was nothing you can say to get out of this situation.

"Okay okay." You pouted.

After Kiki left, you closed the door and proceeded into taking a shower.
You dried your hair and got out the bathroom to change.

You weren't paying much attention that you didn't see a certain someone in your bed.

You had a robe on and untied it a bit, enough to expose the upper part of your chest.
"F/n! What are you doing?!" Obi yelled as he covered his eyes.

"Obi!?! What are you doing here!" You yelled back and quickly covered yourself.
"The door was locked?"

"Sorry! But the window wasn't.." He peeked through his hands to see if you put your robe back.

"My window?" You looked at it and back at him.
You walked towards your bed where he was sitting on the edge.
"Why are you sneaking in through my window??" You slightly bent down in front of him then put your face near his.

"Explain yourself." You put your hands on your waist.

"I uh.." Obi backed up his face a bit. What you didn't realize is that you were showing a bit of your cleavage. Obi saw and tried his best to move his eyes away from it.
"Uhm..f/n.." He scratched his cheek and trying to look away.