Chapter 6

Sorry for taking long but here's a quick chapter! :3

You were in the kitchen area of the castle drinking a cup of coffee. You had a minor headache due to last night's drinking. Some of the things you did and said were a bit of a blur, but the only thing you had trouble remembering is how you woke up with a small box on the palm of your hand.

You were sitting down in a table by yourself, opening and closing that same box over and over again.
Inside there was one of those pendants that you saw the town's lady selling. That same pendant reminded you of your mother, reason why it caught your attention the way it did. It had a similar color to the one she had and it was absolutely gorgeous. You just never recalled anyone but Obi being around you while you saw it. It lead to Obi being the one who got it for you, but when?
Obi was with you all the time, and you never really separated from one another. At least not enough time for him to go to the lady and buy it. And if it was Obi... Why would he buy you such thing?

As you stared at it, all these thoughts crossed your mind endlessly.

"Good morning F/n!" Shirayuki greeted you as she sat down in front of you.

"Oh! Good morning Shirayuki!" Shirayuki had startled you which interrupted your thoughts.
"Let me guess, your here to try and kill that headache?"

"How'd you know?" She rubbed the sides of her forehead, and gave out a sigh.

"You passed out with one drink. Plus you aren't the only one." You chuckled as you found it quite funny seeing Shirayuki have a hangover.

"Hush, that's embarrassing. I'm such a lightweight." She says as she covers her face with some papers. .

"So Shirayuki, are you excited to head to Tanbarun?" You said as you picked up your cup.

"Actually, I am. Prince Raji is a good friend of mine. But.." She put down her papers. She had a frown that was hardly noticeable on her face.

"But..?" You repeated, as you stared at the way she started feeling embarrassed.

Her cheeks turned into a light shade of pink, a noticeable one.
"I'm really going to miss Zen." She softly spoke, bringing out a little bit of her shy side.

"Zen, huh?" You chuckled over how cute they were with one another. However, the fact that Obi has fallen for her too came across your mind.
It was obvious that Shirayuki was in love with Zen, and Zen shared mutual feelings. You wondered if Shirayuki knew about Obi. It was obvious to you, so you were sure it was to others as well.

"How did you meet Zen?" You quickly came back to your senses, you didn't want to her to think something was up.

"Oh! It was awhile back!" Her frown turn into a smile as she talked about her prince charming.
You hated the fact that Obi like her, not only because of your crush but also because it seems like he's doomed to have his heart broken.

You quietly listen to every word Shirayuki said. You could tell from the tone of her voice and the way her eyes would gleam as she spoke about Zen. You heard every single word along with every emotion... At the end you were happy for both.. But you couldn't forget about Obi's feelings.

After she finished, you both had a small conversation before she had to go back to her job. You had another day off so you didn't have anything planned.
You stayed for a bit longer, still trying to process the whole pendant situation.

The following hours you were at the library reading some books until Zen came by.

"Whatcha reading?" Zen popped his head from behind your shoulder.