Chapter 8

It had been a few days after the incident and since then you have been getting ready for your trip to Tanbarun. You've had dance practices with Obi which ended up making your crush for him even bigger. You also attended a few classes with Shirayuki to get accustomed the formal ways of royal balls.

You were currently walking in the long hallways of the castle with Mitsuhide who was helping you carry your bags to the carriage.

"Hey Mitsu.." You softly spoke out. You gave him that nickname a few days ago since you've grown closer with everyone in the group.
"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What is it?" He turned his head to face you and noticed the serious look you had on.

"Uhm..if you like someone who's heart is taken by someone else..would you give up or keep on trying?" You asked still facing straight forward.

As much as you tried to get rid of them, your feelings for Obi kept increasing and at this point you had no idea what to even do.

"Tough position you're in, aren't ya?" He looked back forward trying to figure out how to word his advice.
"How bad do you like Obi?"

"Huh?! Why would you think it's Obi!" You quickly looked at Mitsuhide with wide eyes.
"I didn't even say who it was.." You looked back and started to shyly play with your fingers.

"Your crush on him is totally obvious.. And so is his crush for Shirayuki." He let out a small chuckle.

"Really..." You mumbled to yourself.
You didn't want to make anything obvious and the fact that it has been, made you wonder if Obi knew or was he just dense?

"Don't give up, f/n. We both know the feelings that Shirayuki and Zen share..Maybe you can be the one to make Obi's feelings change.."

You didn't respond or anything. You wanted to be the one to make Obi realize that there's someone in front of his eyes that cares for him more than just a friend. The fact that every single time you were around him, your feelings increase, but you also believed that it would be the same with Obi when he's around Shirayuki.

You sighed and thanked Mitsuhide for his advice before arriving the the carriage.
Obi wasn't there yet and Shirayuki was privately speaking with Zen.

Obi arrived as you were putting your bags in the back.
"Hey there Miss!" You heard his voice call from behind.

"Hello the-" but you cut yourself off as you saw Obi approach you with a completely different outfit. It was something you never thought you'd see Obi in.

"My, Obi wearing something formal?" You teased the male making his face turn into a light shade of pink.

"Just wait until you see what I'm wearing for the ball." He chuckled and let out a smirk after.
"Try not to fall in love with me."

"Funny..." You let out a fake laugh. If only Obi knew..he didn't need to wear anything fancy or anything to make you fall for him.

"Anyway.." You turned around and started to pet the horse to try and change the subject.
"Am I getting my own horse this time?" You asked him.

"Uh—about that.." He responded to you looking a bit nervous.
"We are stuck again riding the same horse. I hope you don't mind.." He added.

"Good.. Because I don't know how to ride one on my own." You chuckled.

"Seriously? I can teach you on the way if you'd like!" He offered as he gave you a thumbs up.

"Really? If it's not any trouble or anything.. Please teach me!" You smiled and thanked him for his offer.