Chapter 13

You had woken up the following morning, hoping that one blissful moment right after your eyes opened, would've lasted longer. It's a peaceful blank moment that hold no memories, no emotions, nothing. It only takes one second to remember the things you wanted to forget.

You stood up and looked around your room. You were the only on there.
The sun had rose a few minutes ago and the sun rays were entering your room causing it to lighten up.

You suddenly recalled last night, and how it took an unexpected turn. The confession you wanted the most was done differently than what you hoped for. You started to hate how things went downhill. However, you had a choice now. With Obi letting you know that he has feelings for you too, with no denial about Shirayuki's, would you accept them or move on? You never thought of actually moving on after Obi expressed his feelings towards you. You wanted to just jump and accept. It just, things weren't as easy anymore.

How would you be able to trust Obi 100% that what he feels is true and only for you? After spending days wishing you were Shirayuki for how deep his feelings for her seemed. It really did hurt you, more than anything. You have the person you want the most...it was just a difficult yet risky choice. You were done feeling hurt.

You got up, dreading to start the day. All you wanted to do was stay in bed all day and just have some time to your own. But you couldn't. Yesterday, you had accepted going on a date with Raji but you weren't up to it. You didn't want to be rude either. You decided to shower and think things through.

After getting yourself cleaned and ready, you looked at yourself in the mirror after making a choice. You took a deep breath and headed out your room and knocked on Shirayuki's door.

"Coming!" She opened the door and welcomed you to come in.

"Actually, I just had a question. Do you know where Zen is staying at? I need to talk to him." You went straight to the point. You weren't up to converse about anything but instead to do what you thought was right.

"He's in here f/n. Are you okay by the way?" Shirayuki noticed how down you seemed and started to feel concerned.

"It's okay Shirayuki. I'll be fine, so please don't worry." You knew you were strong and you could overcome anything. You also knew that Shirayuki wasn't at fault, you still cared for her and considered her a good friend of yours. It was just your luck to fall for someone who's heart was already taken.

"What is it? You don't look too well.." Zen approached, peeking his head behind Shirayuki.

"Zen. I really need to speak to you." You looked at him then to her.
"Shirayuki, may I?"
She agreed with no questions and decided to leave you two to talk in her room.

"You're kind of worrying me f/n, is everything okay?" He pulled a chair in and asked to sit down. You had a close friendship with Zen and there was no doubt that you can trust him and get his advice. But that wasn't the only reason you came here.

"May I please take some time off after we arrive back at Clarines?" You nervously asked. You didn't want it to seem like you were letting your feelings get in the way of working. However, with so much going on, you needed a break. Time alone.

"Okay, now you have worried me. What happened?" He got down on one knee so his eyes can meet yours.

"It's that.. I love Obi..differently than just partners and well.." Your eyes traveled around as you tried your best not to make any eye contact.
"He told me he shared feelings for me too, and I broke down in front of him because..I'm sure you know..Zen." You lifted up your head and looked at him.

"I know.. I know he liked her and well, I also knew you liked him." He responded giving a small frown. It was too obvious.