Chapter 10

You woke up the following morning without remembering that you had fallen asleep on Obi's arms last night. But waking up on them, reminded you right away.

You felt your face get hot but you didn't dare pull away. You wanted to hold him tighter. You wanted to keep feeling his warmness. You wanted to keep hearing the sound of his heart. You wanted to stay like this forever. But at the end, you knew that the right thing to do was to get up.
Your feelings for Obi are stronger than ever and the fact that his feelings are for someone else, you needed to take a step back. You knew that you were just going to get hurt at the end.

It took you a bit but you grew the strength to get up from his arms. He didn't wake up once you did, and you felt a somewhat relieved. You didn't want to confront him or talk about what happened last night, at least not now.

The moment you closed the bathroom door to shower, Obi opened his eyes. He was awake all along but the thing was, he also didn't want to move nor talk about it either.

He looked down at his arms, feeling the coldness of not having your warmth there anymore. He then put his finger on his lips and started to slowly touch them as he pictured the moment you both shared last night where it almost resulted in both of you kissing. To much of his surprise, he didn't feel any regrets but now his feelings were a huge mess. He then started realizing that he had something for you but his feelings for Shirayuki were also there.
He tossed and turned, his thoughts were everywhere. At the end, he decided to put it aside and see where the day takes him.

You got out the shower, and Obi was still on the bed. He was turned the opposite side where his back faced you. Unaware if he was awake or not, you just decided to put your shoes on and head to see how Shirayuki was doing, and see if she was in need of anything. After all, you are her aide.

You knocked on the door and a few seconds later, she welcomed you in. She was fixing her hair and getting ready to head with Prince Raji. He has invited her to the castle's library, where they were going to spend the day chatting and reading.

"Here you go." You said as you handed her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you f/n." She smiled and started to drink some.
"Where's Obi?" She asked as she set the cup down.

"Oh, uh... He's still in the room. Probably getting ready." You stuttered a bit. You couldn't help but think about exactly everything that occurred last night. From getting drunk to almost kissing. You started to wonder, what if Shirayuki never knocked on the door? Would you both have continued the kiss or..

"Hey, are you okay?" Shirayuki stood up from the chair as she saw the way your facial expression transitioned differently after answering her question.

"I'm fine, don't worry." You softy smiled.
"Shall we get going?"

"Yes. What about Obi?"
You knew that sooner or later, you were going to have to talk to him. You couldn't avoid contact nor conversation for long.

"I'll go get him." You said as you made your back into the room.

Inside, Obi was putting his shoes on but quickly turned his head once the door opened.

"Hey. We are heading to the library so Shirayuki can meet with Prince Raji." You bluntly said.

"Okay. I'll catch up in a bit." He turned his head back around and faced the floor. Obi felt at fault. He felt that he was the one that took it far and the last thing he wanted was awkwardness between both of you.
"Hey f/.." He said but you already had left the room.
He put his elbow on his knee and let out a long sigh.
"How am I going to fix this?" He mumbled.
-
Prince Raji and his guard were waiting at the library. They both greeted you and Shirayuki once you had arrived.
You were positioned behind Shirayuki's chair and once Obi arrived, he was positioned by the door.