Chapter 1 - First Day

The sky is clear, the sun is shining brightly, the trees are dancing under the touch of the cool breeze. It's a beautiful day and she has a feeling that it's a sign. She smiles as she looks at the front of the school campus. Chatter can be heard as they pass by students walking to the building.

"Thanks Jack. I'll text you when it's time to pick me up." She says to her new driver—yes, she even has a driver now—before closing the car door.

She looks down at her uniform—A white collared polo accompanied by a red tie that had the school's emblem inscribed on it, a dark blue blazer, a red plait skirt about two inches above her knee paired with black knee-high socks—before taking a deep breath and turning around.

Some of the students give her curious glances. She tries to ignore them and focuses on walking across the pathway to the grand-looking staircase. She struts up the stairs and notices a few guys admiring her—more like leering actually. Her lips curve into a smirk.

She then notices the school's sign on top of the main doors:

Brentwood High 

She grins, confident that this was going to be a great first day. 

She is greeted by a short black-haired girl smiling widely at her as soon as she enters the entrance. She shakes the girl's hand and returns the smile politely. 

"Hi, I'm Ve-" 

"Good Morning!" The girl cuts her off. "I'm the student council secretary, Prue Wilkins! I'm here to greet you on your first day here in Brentwood!" 

"H- hello Prue." She said, "I'm Veronica Heath, nice to meet you." 

"Nice to meet you more Veronica!" Prue claps her hands together then locks them in front of her. "Anyways, to save you the time of having to look for the Academic Office, I will guide you. So please follow me!" 

She hurries after the girl who is practically power walking to the school office that she doesn't even get a chance to observe the school's interior. When they reach the office the girl introduces her to the secretary who politely asks her to sit down and wait while she calls the principal. 

Prue makes small chat with her before the bell rings signaling 1st period. She says goodbye to the hyper girl and sighs in relief, this was pretty different from what she was expecting. She is called to the principal's office and is given a welcome speech by the old man, he gives her an overview of their curriculum and gives her the schedule. She thanks him and runs off to look for her classroom.

She exhales in relief when she finally finds her classroom for homeroom. She brushes her wavy blonde hair with her hand—more of a nervous habit than an attempt to fix her hair—and takes a deep breath before knocking on the door. It opens a couple of seconds later and a woman pokes her head from the classroom, holding the door half-way open and raising her eyebrows at her.

The woman, who she assumes is the teacher, looks somewhere at the age of mid 30s with a few fines lines on her forehed. An automatic smile that she reserves for adults etches on Veronica's face.

"Yes?" 

"Good Morning Ma'am, I'm the new transfer student." 

She hands her the Dean's note and glances behind the teacher to see the students in the front row looking at her with curious eyes. "Oh!" the teacher points at her with an index finger, "Yes. Yes of course!" 

"Class!" she claps her hands and returns to her desk. "We have a new transfer student this year," she turns to her. "Would you kindly introduce yourself dear? Come up front."