Chapter 5 - Thanksgiving

Chapter 5: Thanksgiving

Veronica is only just starting to get the hand of New York City with all its rushing people and heavy traffic when it’s time for Thanksgiving weekend. It’s the first thanksgiving that she was going to spend without her mother because she had to leave for a very important business trip. Luckily, Ashley offered to keep her company over the weekend since she wasn’t going home for the holiday. Of course her mother was ecstatic, not wanting to leave Veronica alone by her lonesome.

The cheerleaders were currently changing in the locker rooms quickly, wanting to go ahead and enjoy the weekend with their families and loved ones. She was talking to Allison about their plans on Sunday. They were going to go explore the city for a bit, and spend a late thanksgiving dinner at Will and Sam’s place after.

Rachel, of course, protested about inviting her but was brushed off by the twins. Veronica remembers grinning victoriously and winking at her, causing the hot-tempered brunette to fume and stomp off.

Over the past few days, she observed that the Queen Bee was actually all bark and no bite. Although she still has no idea how the girl was able to cause a senior to drop out of school altogether, but so far the girl hasn’t done anything to her… yet. And she hoped it stayed that way.

“Get out of my way Heath.” An all too familiar voice says from behind her.

She turns around to find the she-devil herself with her arms crossed glaring at her. Rachel’s skin was glowing due to the gruesome practice that had just occurred a while ago. She glances away, trying not to let her mind wander again.

She smiles sweetly, something that annoyed Rachel a lot. “Nope. No can do.”

Rachel narrowed her eyes at her. “I mean it…”

“Still not moviiiing-” She sing-songs.

Allison and Kelly were looking at the two with amused expressions while the rest of the cheer squad stood back, scared of what their captain might do to Veronica. This was a usual thing between the two girls now, Rachel saying rude comments or pushing her around and Veronica trying to get a rise out of the girl for her own amusement.

Rachel looks at Allison and points at her. “Can you tell this… thing to move away from my locker?”

Veronica crosses her arms. “I like standing here. I like the view.”

The brunette’s left eyebrow twitches, meaning she was getting on the girl’s nerves. She grinned inwardly, annoying the girl was always entertaining because you could always see the obvious aggravation on her face. They continue to glare at each other for what felt like minutes before the brunette suddenly smirks, catching her off guard.

 “Oh, the view huh? I knew you found me hot.” Rachel had one eyebrow up and was looking at her with a smug.

And the confidence she had a minute ago evaporated just like that.

As much as she wants to deny it, she would be lying if she said that she didn’t find Rachel attractive even just a tiny bit. Okay, maybe a lot. But everybody found the girl attractive so she couldn’t be blamed, it was inevitable really. Just look at the girl!

She gulps. Her cheeks were definitely red right now. She tries not to stray away from the girl’s eyes as she was being stared down. Do not look down at those lips Veronica, whatever you do… do not loo-

Dang she looked.

Rachel’s smirk grows wider, obviously noticing her hesitation and blushing cheeks. Veronica groans inwardly, this was not turning out to be a good day.