Chapter 2 - Hell Yeah!

It's lunch time when Veronica meets up again with Allison, they have the same lunch time together and the latter girl made her promise to sit with her and her friends and so she can introduce her to Rachel too. 

While walking to the cafeteria, Allison gives her a heads up on Rachel. Allison had been friends with Rachel since they were in grade school, so she knew almost everything about the queen bee inside and out. 

Rachel basically rules the school. She's co-captain of the cheerleading team, considered undeniably beautiful by the male students and envied by the female students, her parents funds a large amount to the school charity funds-therefore teachers are lenient with her, and lastly, she can be a bit "mean" if she didn't like you. It would be best to stay out of her bad side if Veronica wants to actually have a social life in the school. 

"So basically..." Veronica says, raising an eyebrow at Allison. "I have to suck up to Rachel?" 

"That's not what I said." Allison shakes her head and gives her a smile, "I'm saying that you should befriend her." 

They open the cafeteria doors and fall in line. She gapes at the grand interior. Even the school's cafeteria was exquisite; no wonder some private students develop a sense of superiority over public school students. 

"I was actually planning on that." She replies while looking around the cafeteria. "Nice place you guys got here." 

"Great!" Allison claps her hands. "Can't wait to introduce you to the guys." 

"I'm not sure if she wants to though." Allison moves to grab two trays and hands one to her. "I'm pretty sure you know what I mean." 

Really though, if that glare meant anything. It's definitely not a sign that says Rachel is willing to associate with her. But hey, if this very nice Allison is friends with Rachel then maybe she's not that bad after all. 

"Nah, let's just tell her you're not interested in Alex." Veronica looks at her in confusion. "Her ex." 

"Oh." Veronica grabs a sandwich and turns to face her with a guilty look. 

"What?" 

"I find him cute though." Veronica jokes and pays for her lunch. She stands behind Allison and waits for the girl to pay her lunch. The girl rejoins her and they start walking. 

"There's other cute guys..." Allison nudges her on the waist. "and girls." She says and wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. 

Veronica raises an eyebrow and laughs.  

"What?" Allison asks with a confused face. Veronica stops in her tracks and faces her. 

"Wait. You're serious about the girls thing?" 

"Wow, way to underestimate the East Coast. California's not the only state open to that you know." Allison rolls her eyes with an amused expression. 

"Sorry." Veronica gives her an apologetic smile. She starts to look around for a table when Allison's pulls her over to the left. 

"Table's over here V." Allison guides her through the cafeteria. A couple of students turn their heads at her, probably wondering who the new girl is. 

"V?" Veronica looks at her questioningly, though she didn't mind the nickname. That's what her friends call her back at home, I guess it means that Allison's her friend now. 

Allison just gives her a wink and blushes a little bit--which makes Veronica raise her eyebrows--as she pushes open a glass door that leads them into a huge courtyard. There are benches on each side and a few tables on the side where the cafeteria door is located. There's even a big fountain in the middle, she can't help but wonder what is up with rich people and fountains in their properties. One of the groups of students eating lunch turns their heads at them and wave.