Chapter 14 - Snap!

Chapter 14: Snap!

You guys leave the best comments, I swear. It's really nice seeing how you guys react or what you think of the story. Hearts & kisses go out to all of you. And again, thanks for being so patient! feel free to vote and comment! xoxo

-

Veronica

I've been sitting quietly for the majority of lunch. Rachel's basically back to ignoring me while she talks to Melissa and Kelly about a routine. I look down at my salad and start playing with a cherry tomato. I'm pretty sure the group's fully aware of the tension between me and her.

I don't know what I did to make her mad at me again. I really did think I made some progress after that talk the other night. Heck, she even kind of apologized to me. What did I do at the party that made her hate me again?

I rest my head on the table and just stay like this. Like a limp vegetable. Sam and Allison start poking me in the stomach and I try to swat their hands away. As much as I like playing around with them, today's just not the day for me. My phone starts ringing and I check to see that it's Ashley.

"V?" Her voice chimes in from the other end.

At least my friendship with Ashley's going well even after I turned her down... and made out with her. We spoke over breakfast and it seemed like we were okay, it was nice. It feels great having her back as a friend, especially since she reminds me so much of home.

"Hey Ash. What's up?"

"Do you wanna maybe hangout tonight?" A cough comes through the other line. "As friends of course. Just putting that out there."

I look over at Melissa across the table. I have cheer practice today. But then I look over next to her and see Rachel. I can't imagine what she has in mind for practice today. I'm not really in the mood to get pushed around again. "Sounds good! What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I could pick you up after your classes since I have a callback around that area."

"Oh wow! Tell me how it goes!" I say excitedly. "It's a date then!" I realize I shouldn't have used the word because I see Sam's eyebrows shoot up.

"A date?" Sam grins. "Who is that?"

"It's not." I say to Sam while covering the phone.

"I'm pretty sure I heard date." says Allison.

I quickly whisper a goodbye to Ashley and look at the two blondes looking at me.

Sam whistles. "Oooh... V's going out on a date today."

"Ooooh with who!" Kelly says.

Oh no, now everyone was looking at me. I glance at Rachel and see that she too is looking, I start feeling self conscious and start laughing nervously.

"I think I have an idea." Allison smirks at me, wiggling her eyebrows. "Is it... Ashley?"

"Bingo." Sam says, pointing at Allison. They both high five and I roll my eyes.

"It's really not a date."

"Well you did have that intense makeout session in front of everyone last Saturday."

My cheeks decide to get red, making this more embarrassing for me. Damn cheeks. "We were drunk..."

"Hmmm... Ashley didn't seem all that drunk to me." Allison's still wiggling her eyebrows at me and I scrunch my nose up at her.

"Weird how you remember that despite being intoxicated. Huh Heath?" Rachel's leaning back on her chair with her arms crossed, her signature smirk plastered on her face. My throat goes dry because this is literally the first time she's acknowledged me since this morning.