Chapter 1: Miss Popularity

"Mels!" I heard my mother's voice as she pushed through my closed doors.

"Mom, please. I think one day I can skip school." I mumbled burying my head in the pillow. The alarm choose this to be the perfect moment to make it's presence known as it blared.

"Well, I'm here to tell you to pick up some stuff on your way back, Melissa." My mother's voice penetrated through my laziness as I sat straight on the bed.

Pushing the blue bed sheets off my body I dragged myself to the bathroom after convincing my mom that'd I'd do the needed. Taking a short refreshing shower I padded towards the walk in closet after wrapping my body in a black towel.

Staring at my full length reflection I thought about the outfit which would go for today.

Twisting my petite figure to the rows of clothes hanging neatly in their allotted locations I picked out a black flowy skirt reaching my mid thigh and a green full sleeved shirt complimenting my green eyes.

Satisfied by the girl staring back at me I bent down to pick out my shoes. Black pumps it is.

My make up and accessories were professionally set up in shelves making it easier for me to pick out my add ons.

Perks of having rich parents I guess, you have everything you can ever ask for and more.

I slipped on a simple beaded necklace hanging till my stomach and black loops. Combing my waist length, wavy blonde hair I moved on to my make up.

Putting a coat of eyeliner, mascara and lip balm I completed my looked for today.

"Mom, I'm ready!" I said as I reached downstairs to the kitchen.
"What would you like to eat?" She questioned smiling gently.

"Cereal." I ordered mindlessly as I typed on my phone.

"Honey, no phones on the dining table please. " This isn't a new thing, my mom was extremely particular about certain things which no power in the universe can change.

"Yes, mom." I rolled my eyes.
"Melissa. Mind your tone while talking to your mother." My dad, Leonard Colespar is a man with strict ideals not even god can stray this man away from his thoughts, my parents are literally made for each other.

"Sorry, dad. " I am pampered but they also know how to keep their only daughter in control.

"It's okay Mel, you know we only do this because we want the best for you." His tone softened.
"Yes, dad." I kissed his cheek pushing my finished plate and getting up.

"I'll be leaving now, see ya." Since senior year started, I was gifted a red Audi, my precious.
I drove to my friend, Ella's house. She didn't have her car right now as it had been sent for repairing after she had not so professionally rammed it into the street lamp.

"Hello." Ella greeted me, her red hair bouncing as she slipped inside the doors of my car.
"Hi! How was yesterday?" I saw her flinch at the mention of the previous day. She had broken the news of her car to her parents the night before.

Her parents were well off but they weren't the ones who waste money, or anything.

"Dad thinks I'm overly irresponsible. Mom as usual was quiet." She said sighing softly. Her mom was an extremely submissive person and her parents together formed an orthodox family. They didn't like the outspoken streak which Ella carried graciously.

"He was just angry, Ella. Relax it'll be okay in no time." I tried reassuring her but my meek attempt didn't seem to convince her sad grey eyes.

"I hope." She muttered as I pulled into my reserved parking spot. Every popular kid had one.
We both got out of the car seeing all our friends in a circle in our meeting place.