Chapter 8: Volleyball

"Okay, so, I hope you guys are ready. The girls, who I hope have taken everything they require, will be going to take a bath first, so will you girls follow me please." Krista instructed as she turned around to walk. We were all told to bring our toiletries- as minimum as possible - so we could all go for our first bath in the wild.

"Can we be the silent spectators?" Jordan commented winking at a few girls who giggled endlessly.

Krista choose to ignore him as she kept walking. We could hear Daniel giving instructions to the boys as we left.

We arrived at the stream not anytime later. It was beautiful. Though I couldn't guess how taking a bath in it would be convenient in any manner.
Everyone was wearing their bikinis and had a bag in their hand filled with the needful.

But the arrangement from their side was sufficient too. There were small bench like places craved in the stone for us to sit, giving enough place to keep all our things with our legs dipped in water. Thankfully the sun was up and we wouldn't be shivering after.

"Okay, girls." Krista started, clapping her hands together to get our attention. "Be very careful as the sides may be slippery. The basic concept is to wash yourself while sitting on the rocks with your legs dipped in water. The level shouldn't cross your knees as you could be taken by the current. Do not use chemical soaps. I will be supplying you all with a few natural cleansers which are very effective and good for the skin too." No one seemed to mind what she was talking about though I was a little bit skeptical about the paste filled in a bottle which she pointed at as a cleanser.

Sitting on rocks and using your hands a way to wash yourself is so very uncomfortable. The only relief was that the natural soap smelt heavenly and did feel good on the skin.
It didn't take long for all of us to finish as we were done and walking back to the camp area in no time.

"Melissa and Ryder pick your team." Daniel commanded, holding on to the volleyball on one hand and a whistle in the other.

Ryder smirked as he came my way.
"J-" He started but before he could finish I screamed, over powering is voice.

"Jake!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry guys, but I forgot to do the toss." Daniel shook his head and fetched a coin out of his pocket.

"Okay, heads or tails?"

"Heads." We both said together.
"Fine, tails." Ryder muttered, giving in to my glare.

Daniel tossed the coin as we all waited in anticipation.
Though the time between the coin landing on his palm and suspended in the air was only a fraction of a second, the time seemed to have stretched on.

"Heads." Daniel announced as a smirk formed on my lips, an expression every coin tosser has during the reveal.

"Hmm, I wonder who I should pick." I tapped my index finger on my chin, glibly.

"Just pick, Mel." Ryder deadpanned.

"Jakey."

"You guys love me too much." Jake commented walking towards me.
"Shut up." Ryder and I said at the same time.

"Jordan."

"Chole." And the list dragged on till only two people remained and it was my pick. Everyone was forced to play atleast one sport so Vince, who I've never once seen in gym class, had landed up in the volleyball court. Vince and Brandon stood while Vince looked nonchalant, Brandon-the captain of the football team-looked rather humiliated to have not been picked as of yet.

"Vince." I said in a heartbeat, he looked up for a minute caught my eye and sent a silent message my way, I told you not to.

Though I was all for staying away from Vince I didn't have to even think for a second before picking him. He was a million times better than Brandon.