Chapter 27: Closer

I was going through my closet to find a suitable outfit for the supposed date I had with Vince in less than an hour. I had sixty minutes to get ready, convince my parents who were out for an event and finish reading a bit for the Chemistry test tomorrow.

I was pulling out possible candidates whilst reciting the portions, glancing at my notes every now and then.
"Morality is number of moles of so-" I stopped mid definition as I found what was the jumpsuit that fit the situation perfectly.

It was a broad strap black jumpsuit that reached mid thigh and had a golden zipper at the front matching the zips on the pockets.

I paired it up with my white converse and a golden charm bracelet. Since I knew I would probably be riding a bike, I put my hair in a low pony tail.
My green eyes were enhanced by a simple winged eyeliner and my lips were covered with clear gloss.

I grabbed my phone and house keys placing them in a black leather side bag. I dialed my mother's number and placed it beside my Chemistry book on speaker going through the notes one last time. The black cardigan I was planning to wear was in a heap on the other side.

"Hey, Mel."

"Hi, mom, I'm actually going out for a bit. I'll be back by eleven." I said in one breath, taking a quick look at the clock that read quarter to seven.

"Okay, honey. Be careful." She said glibly, making me frown immediately.
"I'll be out with Vince." I added, feeling like I had cheated her some how.

"Yeah, he told us. Have fun!" The line went dead at that. He told them?
This is bullshit. Vince needed to start talking and soon.

Did I want to risk a date with him just because I felt insecure? I couldn't dwell on the matter any longer than a few seconds because the bell rang.

"Hi." Vince was dressed in his signature black long sleeved V-neck and denim.
"You look beautiful." It wasn't the first time he had said it yet it had me blushing. He followed his words with a small kiss on my cheek, making sure the blush darkened.

"Where are we going?" I asked, taking the helmet he was holding out for me.
"I would be the worst boyfriend if I told you." He chuckled, grabbed my hands and wrapped in around his torso.

"Hold tight." He whispered before he took off.
The thrill of riding a bike was not new to me, I would often beg my father to teach me how to. Though, he never did buy me what he thought was a killing machine, he taught me how to ride it. So, more than a couple of times I had driven around the house on the bike the Valet would arrive in. He was a sweet man, not over thirty who was more than delighted to lend me his bike.

I took in the surroundings as Vince zoomed past cars and trees, the breeze wrecking havoc in my hair.
I would loosen my arms around him, getting lost in the air and the next minute he hit the brakes forcing me to hold tight again.

"I heard you have become best of friends with my parents." I shouted over the buzzing.
"Yeah, they are lovely people." He replied, "Jealous?" I could hear the smirk on his voice.

"Get over yourself." I retorted, punching his back softly. Though I could tell the muscles beneath the leather jacket he pulled on hardly felt it.
I recognized the street he took, which lead to the beach.

"A beach date, aren't you a bit cliché." I laughed out but soon stopped upon realizing that he had taken a right that lead to the Rocky part of the beach instead of the golden sand one.

"I'll show you cliché." We came to a stop before a newly painted light house. The tower stretching till what looked like it could be the third floor on a cliff.
I got off the bike and followed closely behind Vince who was taking confident steps to the entry door.