My Best Friend

So after he asked me to be his girl. He had several dates. We got to know each other. I really like him. He was really a sweetheart. We've been going out for one month. I was just sitting on my bed and then someone knocked on my bedroom door. "Hija.. Someone is here to visit you" called my mom from the other side of the door.
"Send them in mamma" I said. Just then the door opened.
It was Mario. I was surprised that he was here -alone.. Without a call or text-
"Hey kid what's up" I said. Hitting his shoulder in a playful manner.
"We gotta talk" he said I could see the seriousness in his eyes.
"About what.?"
"Selena.." "S-She isn't doing so well" I could see the tears form in his eyes.
"What.. What's wrong?!"
"We found out that she has cancer"
I gasped for air, this couldn't be true.
"What.."
"Yeah.. I thought that it would be best if I told you" "I'm on my way to the hospital. You wanna come..?" He continued. I just nodded.
At this point I wanted to cry. I hadn't noticed I was crying until he was hugging me.
"It's gonna be okay. We have to be strong." He said.
We got up and headed to the hospital.
The ride to the hospital was silent. I wanted to cry some more. But I couldn't. When we got to the hospital we went to the desk and they told us her room number.
We walked in the room and she was asleep. She looked so weak. "I'm gonna leave you two alone" Mario said.
I sat down in the chair next to her bed.
"Hey.. You're my best friend. You need to get through this so we can gossip." I chuckled. "I really love you girl.. And you know it. So hurry up and get out of here cause your birthday is coming up and we need to hang" I said holding in tears.
"Aye ma.. You ready to go?" Asked Mario coming into the room.
"Y- yeah" I said.

My Not So Perfect Thug Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें