28

Morning

-Iman-

"Did you sleep well, Iman?" Justin asked me as I got comfortable in my bed once again.

"Yes, Justin." I giggled.

"That's good, I still can't get yesterday out of my head. Being together as a family made me so happy. I mean it when I say I want more days like that with you involved." Justin said with his voice still a bit raspy from waking up.

"Me too, you know Justin?" I asked him with a smile.

"Yes, Iman?"

"I like this new relationship we now have." I told him being completely honest.

There was a brief silence on the phone. "I do too."

"It feel so much better to be open with you and not really argue like we always do..believe it or not, I didn't  really like giving you the cold shoulder. It's just something I did to kind of protect myself...if that makes sense."

"And believe it or not, I didn't like receiving the cold shoulder from you." He said making me laugh.

"But I understand." He added.

"I thought..I thought trying to stay away from you and bring cold to you, would make you get the hint that I didn't want to have anything to do with you. But that didn't work.."

"I told you that I wouldn't leave you alone.."

"It actually feels good to have a healthy relationship. Not just for our sake, but for our children as well." I told him.

"Did you see how happy they were to see us together, Iman?" Justin asked me.

"Yes, Justin. Their smiles and giggles are everything." I chuckled.

"I could say the same for yours." He said smoothly. I could tell he was smirking.

"Oh Justin." I blushed.

"Yes, Iman?" I knew he was still smirking.

My heart beat was quickening. "It's nothing. I'll talk to you later, Justin."

"I'll see you later Iman, take care for me." He said.

As soon as the call ended, my heart rate went back to normal.

What just happened?

____

-No one-

"Ehhhh, you know Toni I really don't know." Iman said cringing.

"Iman....we've been trying to figure out a place to put this painting for twenty minutes..." Toni chuckled and then raised an eyebrow at her.

"It's complicated.."  She put her hands on her hips.

"Iman..."

"Okay okay," she tilted her head to the side. "Alright follow me." She said. They went up the stairs carefully with the painting.