34

-A few days later-

None

"The driver will be bringing them any minute!" Iman said giddy as her brother just chuckled and shook his head.

"I wonder what she brought this time." Daniel said with a grin.
"If anything, I hope she brings jewelry." Maria said leaning on Daniel, her back against him. Maria heard a lot about her soon to be Mother in law and she already loved her.
She's talked to her over the phone, but never met her personally and got to know her.

The doorbell rang and Iman squealed, making the couple wince.

Iman opened the door and was immediately engulfed by her sweet smelling mother. "Mommy I missed you!" Iman hugged her tight. Jennifer 'placed a dozen kisses on her daughters face as Iman chuckled and pulled away.

"Dad! How are you?" Iman asked him, hugging him as well. "Mm just alright. You have a very big home..." He said looking around as I let go.

"And I'll give you a tour later on." Iman laughed. "Come in,"

The driver carried the bags in side and Iman thanked him.

Iman turned around and her parents were talking to Daniel and Maria. Everyone had a huge smile on their face.

___

Iman

As I was humming, getting snacks from the kitchen, I heard footsteps. I turned around and smiled, seeing it was my mom. "Hey mom."

"Where's your husband?" She asked me, furrowing her eyebrows. I chuckled inwardly. "Mom,"

"I expected him to be here." She added. "He's not. He told me he had this important meeting with his royal advisors but," I paused and rolled my eyes. "I know he's just nervous to see you and dad."

She laughed. "And what about my kids?"

"They're still at the palace. I'll call their dad to bring them tomorrow morning." I answered holding the bucket of snacks, my mom holding the other one as we made it back to the living room.

"About time," Daniel said looking at me as I rolled my eyes at him. I sat the bowl down.

"Iman," I heard my dad say. "Yes?"
He looked at the painting on the wall and pointed to it. "Since I walked in here, I haven't been able to take my eyes off that painting. It's beautiful. Who drew it?"

It was the painting Toni drew for me. Maria smirked at me and gave me a look.

"Oh a friend drew it. He's very talented." I answered him. My dad nodded. "Anyway your flight? How was it?"

My mom rolled her eyes. "please, I'm just glad to be off that plane. The plane ride is exciting but then gets boring after awhile." She said waving her hand. "Definitely." Daniel agreed with her.

"I'm excited though. My son is getting married!" She said with an in breakable smile at the end.

Daniel sighed. "You say that as if you thought I was going to be forever alone." Daniel said, making Maria laugh.

"Well," dad started.

Mom hit him and chuckled. "No Daniel, just happy is all. It's next week, yes?" She asked him.
"Yes." Daniel replied simply, grabbing Maria's hand and kissing it.
I smiled at the sight.

"Well before the big day, I need to be promised to be taken out to places." My mom said looking at her nails. My dad shook his head.

"Of course. There's actually a lot going on this month." I said to her.