Chapter 7: Theory

Chapter 7:

12:30 a.m

            “Let’s watch some t.v!” My cousin Jenessa squealed jumping on my bed holding two bags of Hot Cheetos. “Here this one is for you.” She added tossing one of the bags in my direction. I caught it and beamed with excitement, nothing is better than eating Hot Cheetos at twelve in the morning.

            “Memories!” I laugh, pulling both ends of the bag opening it.

            “Oh yeah.” She said stuffing a Cheeto in her mouth.

            “So what do you want to watch?” I say pressing guide on the remote.

            “I change my mind.” I looked at her and knitted my eyebrows together. “Let’s talk. You know about everything.”

            “About Harry and I?” I ask, settling on my sister’s bed. She nodded and I groaned that was the last topic I wanted to talk about.

            “Like what happened.”She said jumping on my sister’s bed next to me. “And I want details. Non of that I don’t know crap.” She said pointing her index finger at me and wiggling it.

            “Do I really have too?” I say tilting my head back and groaning.

            “Since when did you not want to tell me stuff.” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

            “It’s not that I don’t want to tell you. It’s just I don’t want to talk about it at this moment.” I say falling back into my pillow.

            “Come on Brie.” She said nudging me. “It’s better that you let it out now then later.”

            She did have a good point.

            “Fine.” I say rolling my eyes. I explained to her every little thing from the time I entered the concert building with Harry, to the time I left without him. By the time I was done telling her mouth was opened in shock.

            “Wow.” She said breathlessly. “But I have a question.”

            “Which is?”

            “Why was he mad?” I shrugged I never really got to know why he was so worked up. “Well did you do something to make him mad?”

            “NO.” I said bitterly causing Jenessa to put her hands up in surrender.

            “Well, why would he be mad?” She asked. “Better yet why would he mad dumping you?”  I shrugged.

            “Maybe he did something?” I sigh. “But when I turned around before I walked out his eyes were red and glassy like he was holding back tears.”

            “Maybe… Maybe he didn’t want to break up with you! Maybe he was forced to!” Jenessa yelled standing to her feet. I giggled, I love my cousin but boy does she have some wacky theories.

            “Yeah right.” I say suppressing a laugh.

            “Think about it! He was mad when he got in, he was sad when he dumped you. It all makes sense!

“To you but not to me!” I groan.

“Ok, listen, he was probably mad when he walked in because they forced him to dump you, and when he did it was devastating to him.” She said grinning. Her theory was making a bit more sense now but I refuse to admit it. I shake my head and sighed again.

“Fine. Whatever don’t believe me.” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Can we please not talk about this anymore, I rather listen to the worst song ever then talk about this.” I say putting a pillow over my face.

“Fine, fine.” Jenessa said sitting back down on the bed. “So what are you going to do about the paparazzi?”

“I have no idea.” I state, hiding my face with my hands. Jenessa did a tisking sound with her tongue, causing me to peak through my fingers. “What?”

“What if you don’t have to go in hiding?”She smirked.

Oh no what did this girl have in mind?

“What do you mean?” I ask taking my hands off my face.

“What if they didn’t recognize you?”

“Huh?” I say cocking my head to the side.

“You know do a major makeover on you.” I scoff.

“Like that will work.”

“It will we just need to change a few things up.” She grabbed a piece of my hair. “Like change this up.”

“What’s wrong with my hair?” I say slightly offended.

“Nothing. Well it could use some touchups.” She admitted.

“Gee like changing my hair will make me so unnoticeable.” I said sarcastically.

“Ay watch the sarcasm I’m trying to help here.” I wave her off.

“Sorry, now carry on.”

“It will work Brie, we can change your wardrobe and makeup styles and everything. Like get you used to some eyeliner.”

“WHOA. I am not I repeat NOT going gothic!” I shout.

“Chill, calm your titis. I never said I was turning you gothic.” A wave of relief hit me. “All I’m saying is that I’m going to introduce you to it since you never used it before.”

It’s true I never used it before; I never really thought I needed it. I was more into natural colors.

“Still I don’t believe it will work.” I huff.

“Come on give it a try! You won’t ever know unless you try. So what do you say?” I shrug. I guess it won’t hurt to try.

“YES!” she squealed while engulfing me in a tight hug. “Tomorrow it begins.”

I smiled a fake smile, stuffed a cheeto in my mouth, and thought of the pros and cons to this new “Makeover”. The good thing is that if it works I could walk around and not get really noticed, but the bad thing is that if it doesn’t work I will be followed by paparazzi every second of the day.