Chapter 17: Sound Check

Brianna POV

~~ During sound check in the hangout room~~~

Why did Perrie and Jenessa have to leave me with Kayla? From the encounter with her last night it’s obvious she envies me because I am Harry’s ex. I pulled out my phone pretending to be on it, so the spell of silence won’t be so awkward.

“So.” Kayla said fidgeting on the couch. You could tell she wasn’t comfortable with me here, and I wouldn’t blame her. “Your Harry’s ex?”

I said a simple ‘yes’ before adverting my eyes back to my phone. I know I was being rude, but I just didn’t want to talk to her to be honest; I wasn’t in the mood for her snotty remarks.

“Listen,” She sighed. “I’m sorry about last night.”

Wait what? Did she just apologize to me? I have to say this Kayla girl has some serious mood swings.

“For what?” I knew why but I just wanted to hear it from her.

“For being so snotty to you last night. It’s just knowing your past with Harry made me worry.” She said looking down at her hands.

“You shouldn’t have to worry about me and Harry Kayla. I have a boyfriend, and he has you.” She smiled. She was in love with Harry; I can see it in her eyes.

“I guess I over reacted.” She admitted. “God, I feel so idiotic right now.”

“Don’t be; trust me I would be feeling the same way if I were in your shoes. I’m sorry for stressing you.” She shook her head.

“It’s no big deal. Harry was right you are sweet.” I was a bit taken aback at what she said. He talked about me?

“Yes, yes, I am.” 

Me and Kayla talked for a bit, while we waited for Jenessa and Perrie to return with our snacks. The boy’s were probably about finished with sound check because they were on the 4th to last song.

“We are back.” Perrie sang while she clung to the cans of soda for dear life. She set them on the coffee table in front of the T.V and looked around the room. “Wow no blood, no dead bodies. I’m surprised you guys didn’t kill each other while I was gone.”

“Perrie!” Kayla laughed.

“What?” Perrie said smiling over her shoulder. “Only joking.”

“Here you girls go.” Jenessa said hanging each of us popcorn bags, before sitting beside me on the couch. “So what did you girls talk about while we were gone?”

“Just about life you know.” I said shrugging while opening up my Dr. Pepper.