Chapter 7

Chapter 7

       She woke up with a bad hangover. Running her tongue over the front of her teeth, she grimaced as she felt the forest that had formed there. Sitting up slowly, she winced as the world spun around her. She opened the door and walked down the hallway, hoping that she wouldn't vomit on the floor along the way. She whimpered when she caught a whiff of the coffee being made. She zombied her way to the cabinet and grabbed two clean glasses out, filling one with water and one with coffee. Grabbing the water and three ibuprofen, she took the medicine down in one gulp and then turned to the coffee like it was her lifeblood. She heard a chuckle behind her. 

       She turned to see her laughing at her. There was paint on her clothes and face. Her hair was up in a sloppy bun on the top of her head. 

       "What are you laughing at? You got paint everywhere again. I hope you didn't get it anywhere but your studio, paint-nerd." 

       Sarah had to start somewhere, re-building there already falling apart friendship. Light teasing was a start and she'd do anything to keep Liz's friendship. 

       "I'm laughing at you and your tiger-blood act. You aren't Charlie Sheen and you are not a wizard nor bi-winning." 

       The mention of the prefix had Sarah pausing a little, she saw that Elizabeth had noticed it and silently cursed herself. The last thing she wanted Liz to think was that she was homophobic. 

       "Yeah well I took some meds and drank my 'life-blood' so I should be good to go after another cup." 

       Liz smiled back at her, tentatively.  

       "I just came out to grab some more coffee. I want to clean my coffee-maker out before I use it again. I ate breakfast already, I didn't leave leftovers because I didn't know when you'd be awake." 

       Sarah founder herself nodding her head and then following Liz as she walked towards her and paused. She tilted her head in question at her before she realized that she had walked over to get more coffee like she said. She moved over and let her pass and managed to inhale some of Elizabeth's smell. 

       It was a mix of paint; oil and acrylic, coffee, and her soap. A nice berry scent. She inwardly sighed. 

       Liz walked back to the entrance of the hallway and stopped to turn back. She stared at Sarah before she smiled a little at her. 

       "You look like shit, Sarah. Go take a shower." 

       She started walking down the hallway and, before she walked back into her studio, yelled back at her. 

       "In case you were too drunk to remember, I apologized for snapping at you last night and you accepted." 

       The door shut behind her before she could hear what Sarah whispered, caught in the silent air-conditioned room. 

       "I remember everything."

       The music was loud and the bass thumping. She could feel it down to her toes, rattling her entire body. Granted that the company was pleasant and fun, she could only bear to be there another half hour. Liz glanced at her wrist and saw that it was only 12:30. In her world that was early, but to her personally it was late and she wanted to go to sleep. She didn't get any the night before. Liz couldn't sleep and decided to take her emotional and sexual frustration out on painting. Another painting was almost done, making a second one seemed easier this time around.