Ch.5

My day is starting to...what's the word...Suck! It is one of the worst days of school, and that says a lot because I've had some of the most terrifying days before. Especially as a girl with glasses and no popularity. Ever since that day, it seemed like it was a flag to allow the humiliation to begin. I really hate when I get bummed out and then start having these negative feelings. It's...

           "Dylan?", I heard someone say my name. 

The daydream was over and I was back in the cafeteria. Some were staring, but then looked away when I noticed I got water on my glasses. Damn. I sigh and then take them off, moving them towards whoever was in front of me to clean them for me. That's what I hate about myself, I am actually blind to everything without my glasses only seeing fuzzy shadows.

          "Here you go. How you feelin' Dylan?", asked Kat, handing me my glasses. The world became clear once more and I looked up at her. She was worried about me, while aslo really confused. Marc was just annoyed and angry.

          "It, um, nothing happened. Well, besides being tortured by Hillary and being cornered by Spencer...then, no.", I told them, mostly aiming for sarcasm. It seems harsh, but what do you expect. It's been like this for the past 2 and a half years. 

          Marc grabs my hand, "Don't fret, Dyl. That idiot won't be coming around soon. Besides you got other things to worry about. What was up with Ms.McAdams?"

           I bite my lip remembering. In AP Calculus today, we got our chapter test back, but Will didn't. I got an A+ of course, but I was told by Ms.McAdams that I should meet her tomorrow morning and Will stayed after class. I don't even think he appeared for lunch today. It was strange for sure and now I needed to finish my last two classes before heading home. 

          The last bell of the day rang and I was out my seat, walking towards the parking lot to meet Kat and Marc. I saw them the moment I walked down the steps, waiting in front of Marc's car. Then I remembered. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with joy and ran at them smiling. I hugged Kat, then Marc, and told them to get in the car. I was jumping up and down on the backseat. I moved my messenger bag from my shoulder and took out the music sheets and forms I had needed.

          "Why didn't you guys remind me?! I totally forgot about my baby. Hurry, Marc, I want to just hold her already.", I ranted, letting them feel my excitement. Marc chuckle, while Kat began giggling and smiling. We were on our way to the music store and I was humming the tune I had written down.
           The whole ride there, I was editing my tune and trying to find the right lyrics to add in, but couldn't find 'em. I was emotionally drained right now, but that won't stop me. I...The car stopped. 

          "We're here. Let's go inside and see how well she cleaned up. I'm so excited for you, Dylan.", squealed Kat, getting out the car. I got out too, taking my bag with me. The music store was also an instrument repair shop and that's why I'm here. I jog up to Marc and Kat, then head over to the counter.

          I tap my fingers on the wooden top and Ted smiled up at me. "Hey, Dylan, a.k.a Next Big Hit. I believe you came here for her, right?" Then Ted lifted his hands and held a guitar case for a Fender FA135CE electric guitar. It was almost as old as me and that was why I had it brought in a few weeks ago. I reached for it and then set it down, before reaching over and giving Ted a hug. He was my age and we're good friends. 

          "Oh, thank you, Ted! You rock! Is it okay if I...", I asked, excitedly. There was a mini open studio on the other side and I am going to try out how it sounds. Ted grins at me and then closes the cash register, "Lets do it! Kath! Marc! Studio now!" He announced it while coming with me towards the set. Marc and Kat were already on a loveseat. I nervously sigh and push up my glasses again. The plug was put in and I lifted my sleeves, before starting the tune while Ted was on backup sounds.

          "Lost in stereo, Lost in stereo Lost in stereo, Lost in stereo", I began singing while strumming to All Time Low's song 'Lost In Stereo' and it was music to my ears. Then I reached up to the microphone, singing.

          "She works for the weekend Mixtapes of her favorite bands...", I began singing and strumming. Soon enough it came naturally and I connected the headpiece moving around and jumping to the sound of my guitar. I noticed the store's customers begin surrounding us, but all I heard was the music. It went on and on, because...I was lost in stereo.

          "I'm losing hope 'cause she's so Lost in stereo, Lost in stereo.", I ended, finishing the final cord and opened my eyes. It was blurry once more and I suddenly felt really awkward. My hands moved around, but then I felt them in my hand. I pushed them up and I grew red seeing the crowd I attracted. There were more than customers in here. Claps went around and one bystander caught my attention. William Scott was clapping from the second row of people, smiling at me.