Ch.6

I was still catching my breath and regaining sense in my body, finally feeling the guitar's weight in my hands again. The crowd began to disperse and some were still clapping. My glasses began to fall and I pushed them back up. I was still trying to understand what I just saw and when I looked back up, Will was gone and there was no sign he was ever here.

     "Let us give it up for Miss Gray!", Ted shouted through the microphone. I scrunched my brow wondering why he would need it since the whole store was...inside. My eyes grew wide and I had no idea I could move so fast.

     I unplugged the guitar, moved away from the stage, took off the headpiece, and pulled Ted with me. This all happened under one minute most likely and now I was hyperventilating. Ted looked at me while motioning for me to let go and I did. My breathing did not even out yet and my palms began to sweat, I also kept pushing up my glasses even if they were already pressing into my skin. Nervous habit.

     "Did...you do...what I...think...you did?!" I shouted, making my voice sound like a heavy whisper. We were next to the record stands and the people were gone by now, but new customers were beginning to pile in.

     "What do ya mean? All I did was turn on the monitor outside.", Ted replied, calmly may I add. Which in fact, is not very calming. That's the reason people were-

     Footsteps cut me off and I see Kat with Marc next to her, coming towards me. Kat smiles, "Dylan, that was amazing! Why'd you run away like that? I wish you'd run like that in P.E." My mouth just opened and closed not really saying anything, but then Marc holds my shoulders.

     "Dylan.", he says and I look up at his eyes, "You have so much talent in you, and you should show the world what you got. Go back and put away your guitar."

     I shrugged and gave out a shaky breath before walking back. I had no idea why Marc chose those words to tell me. Then I realized why. A few girls, probably middle schoolers, and a few adults come to see me. They had their phones out and smiled at me. I had no idea what was happening so I stayed in my spot. One of the girls came up to me, "Hello. My name's Taylor and can I just say, you have an amazing voice! Can I take a picture with you?!"

     She was a few inches shorter than me and was really excited to see me. I really don't see the big deal. Some things really don't add up for me. Either way, I looked at her and smiled. She squealed before standing next to me and I instinctively wrapped my arm around her shoulders. The camera clicked and she moved away. 

     "Thank you so much! Dylan, tell me you have your own songs?", a girl questioned. I scrunched my nose before smiling, "As of now, I'm just a 16, almost 17, year old teenager like you guys. I got some...things up my sleeve, but nothing serious. Sorry girls." The girls around me said nothing, but stared at me. Their eyes were set on me and it was a bit mezmorizing because they held a joyful gleam and sudden curiosity. The silence ended with them beginnning to smile and cheer amongst themselves. They were saying my name and then they all hugged me, before they either joined their parents or left with their friends.

     My world stopped and time slowed down for me to catch up. It was both relieving and exhilarant. I reached to push my glasses back up and felt something warm touch my fingers. I jumped a bit and noticed I had begun to cry. Awkward sobs/chuckles left my mouth while I finally realized what happened. I walked back to Kat & Marc, with a guitar on my back, and hugged Ted before saying, "That was...Lets go home."

     We all made it home and there was a comfortable silence between us. Kat continued squealing and ranting on and on about how good I was. Marc also contributed to her speech, telling me that I have the potential for more. I believe it all too, but there was so much on the line for me here and who am I to accomplish something so big for a girl like me; Someone who is blind as a bat, no self-esteem, and barely any credentials to get me far enough in the world. Especially the music industry. 

     "Alright, alright. Easy now. I should be the one deciding if I'm going to end up a star or not. You guys start on those pancakes you promised me!", I told them, smiling while entering the house. They both looked at me before heading to the kitchen, rolling their eyes. I laugh and head to my room to set down my guitar. The door opened downstairs and muffled voices echoed through the door. Knowing it was mom, I head downstairs and hug my mom.

     "Dylan, I got something for you. The company was babbling all about it, but I thought you should know...", she says, and I walked into the kitchen with my mom. Kat was laughing with Marc and I saw her blush real bad. Then they notice us and my mom walks towards the table.
"I got this envelope from Maximum Music Competition, for your...audition day.", my mom says and I was shocked. This will tell me now or never with my passion for music. The doorbell rang and I was broken out of my thoughts.

Please leave a comment on your thoughts so far and give this a heart plzzz