Ch.12

Time seemed to have stopped because my body would not react to my mind and Will seemed as dazed as I was. The air in the room became thicker and my stomach was doing whirlwinds. I was still trying to process what it is that Will had said. Was this even really happening?!
        The sound of a crack in the sky sent a jolt down my spine and I was reacting once more, breathing in the thick air. His brown eyes were staring directly at my green ones. I felt strangely hot and then realized Will was still holding my hand and I pulled away as quick as I could. My body was moving on its own accord because I jolted backwards and stood up, my hand tight on the strands of string in my palm. It felt as heavy as the weight of the world was in it. My world. Nothing felt right to me anymore and then I finally realized why he gave it back to me
       He knew it was me all this time and he never forgot. About us. About our friendship.
        But he still abandoned you during the most terrifying transition known to man. High school.
       My mind was pounding and my insides were turning. Everything hit me at once. Happiness. Relief. Anger. All of this struck me without any warnings. My glasses were now pressing into my skin and my eyesight blurred. Nothing else mattered right now besides this damn bracelet! 
       All this time and he never even did anything?! Not even a glance! And now he thinks he can just decide to finally see me because I'm his stupid tutor! You can't be serious! How dare he?!   
        I was so lost I didn't see Will get up until his hand brushed my arm. I grit my teeth and pushed him away from me with all the strength my lanky arms can have. He seemed surprised of what I did, but it didn't stop the pain I was feeling inside. I couldn't look at him right now, I can't. Then I did the last thing I'd imagine myself to do. 
        I ran out the door.
        The rain came down on me in buckets and my breathing was heavy. The air seemed less dense than inside and feeled relief wash over me as if the rain would allow me to wash away all my worries. The moment didn't last long because I heard the door open and my glasses were already fogging up. I continued moving away and then allowing my feet to take over. I was no cross-country star, but I still had good speed. My eyes were now dropping tears, mixing with the rain rolling down my face. Everything was wrong. My life is falling apart and I'm falling in reverse because there was nothing else I can see but the past. 

        Soon enough the rain was softer and slower, but I wasn't slowing down until I had finally seen where I had wanted to go. It was the park and in the park was the playground where I spent most of my time under it, talking and playing around with Marc and Kat since we were kids. Including Will, but that was a long time ago. 
        The playground had been our very own Neverland. Now it was my away-from-Will-Neverland. And I let out the sobs. All those memories of us as kids came back to me and the rain only mirrored my mood. He is such an idiot! 
        "DYLAN!", I hear in the distance, echoing in the sound of rain, sending chills down my spine. It was Will calling out to me, but I only pulled at my burgundy sweatshirt and covered my mouth. His footsteps became louder and louder, while I was stuck sitting, hugging my knees, and hoping he doesn't see me.
        Sadly, this playground has no cover on top or shade, so it's basically easily to see me. It didn't matter because I wasn't feeling ready to look at him. 
        "Dylan!? Where are you?!", he screams. Then I could see his figure just a few feet away from me with his back turned to me. His hair looked disheaveled and clinging to his head, with his shirt holding onto him allowing me to see his muscles moving back and forth, and his body overall was wet from head to toe.
        He was close to seeing me so I decided to allow myself the fact that he was turned around and stood up, bolting down the ramp and heading towards the trail into the trees and nature.
        I hoped he didn't see me, but the sound of leaves crunching behind me and mud puddles being stepped on told me otherwise. Not a minute later, I was pulled by two hands on my waist and into Will's shaking chest. I pushed and punched at his chest, but he didn't let go. My palm was still gripping my bracelet, but I didn't want to grip to Will.
        "Will! Will, please! Let me go! I don't want to do this! Please!", I pleaded and screamed in anger. Then I was put down on my feet, but Will was looking at me. I couldn't see clearly because my eyes were teary and my glasses were fogging and wet, but I still held myself there crying. 
        "What happened back there, Dylan? Why'd you leave like that?", he questioned, raising his voice to be heard over the pounding rain. 
       "Don't you dare speak about leaving, you big jerk! Leave me alone! I am here to help you study and that's it.", I responded, letting him feel the anger I had and for him to understand why I ran.
        Will was staring at my crying figure and soon enough pulled his hair, "What do you want me to do?! I can't go back. There is nothing more I can do besides trying to talk to you again. Don't you see! I gave you the bracelet! Doesn't that mean anything?"
        "No! Not as much as it used to because the guy I knew would never have become the guy standing in front of me!", I screamed. 
       "I'm still the same guy, Dylan! Believe me! Lets start over! I need you in my life, Dylan! I want to-"
       "Let me stop you there because all you are telling me are lies! Lies! Lies! Lies! It's been years since you've spoken one word to us and all of a sudden you are 'still the same guy'! That's a load of bull, William! Everything somehow fell when you decided to ditch us! And for what?!", I screamed, allowing myself more space from him pushing my hands forwards and whimpered, "For what it's worth, you should have a double take because I've maintained myself! Unlike you!"
         Then I turned around and contiuned down the trail, running 'till the world became a blur behind me. I ran and ran farther into the trail. The rain was now a strong downpour, strong enough to start a hurricane, and my converse were moist with water and covered in mud. I continued my way until I stepped on a rock and slipped, falling sideways.
       I went down the small decline down with the mud covering me and until I stopped falling, then I realized my leg was bleeding, it must have cut on the way down. Now I was feeling tired and leaned again one of the trees on this decline, allowing the rain to wash away the mud and pain on me. Soon I fell into a dreamless sleep.

That was a big one. Hope you liked this chapter!
Comment, share, and heart! 
Later guys!