Chapter 9

"It's so quiet without Naruto around..." Kiba whispered, looking at his fingers, body slouching to show his sadness. He had regretted how he had treated the blond and what he had said in the moment of anger. He had called Naruto a demon and told him to get lost and to kill himself. It was only after when Hinata had gave him a tight slap across the face and started screaming at him did he think through what he had said. Neji had to physically restrain Hinata to prevent her from lashing out at Kiba again. Shino had just ignored him for months before Kurenai managed to convince Shino that Kiba was apologetic about it. "He was banished... And it was all my fault." Sasuke mumbled, his fingers clenching as he thought back about he said to Naruto about three years ago, involving Itachi. He had said it out of anger and the next thing he knew, Naruto was kicked out of the fire country and forever not allowed to return. Sasuke missed the blond so much, he missed having the loud annoying brat as a best friend and a sparring partner. At least Naruto had been a challenge, the rest of rookie 12 just were defeated too easily, save the two Hyuugas. Sasuke missed the way Naruto had showed so much care and concern despite being pushed away.
There was a time hard he had fell sick and Naruto had just showed up at his house then started taking care of him without any questions asked. Naruto had swallowed her own pride to take care of the Uchiha even when the Uchiha was screaming profanities at her, telling her to leave and insulting the blond but he was surprise the blond didn't fight back. The blond just took all the insults silently. Naruto had made sure he wasn't alone on his birthday, Christmas, new year and every other hoilday. Sasuke always brushed the blond off as being an annoyance but now he has learnt to cherish it. A friend like Naruto was hard to come by.
"There's no point in blaming yourself, Sasuke-Kun." Hinata said, she wasn't one of his fangirls but she was an okay friend with him despite whatever he did to Naruto.
"If I had just listened to him and not leave... If I had just listened to him before jumping to conclusions about Itachi and him-"
"Stop blaming yourself. He wouldn't want you to do that." Hinata snapped lightly. She had gotten over her crush of Naruto and now treats Naruto like a brother-like figure. Tsunade has followed the lead Naruto gave and found out Itachi had actually been ordered to kill the clan. Itachi accepted dishonour in return for the safety of his village and little brother. His love for the village was bigger than his love for the clan and his love for his brother is bigger than his love for the village. He had did everything in consideration of his own little brother.
Naruto accepted the hate and disgust in return for the safety of the village. He kept the kyuubi at bay and without him the village would have been in ruins one million times over. The villagers couldn't see that as they were too blinded by their hatred and grief.
"Come on now. We are needed by the hokage." Hinata said as she stood and helped both Sasuke and Kiba up before the three jounins shunshined into the office. They had been promoted jounin just a year ago, Tsunade had been so angry with Sasuke she put him on house arrest for a year before letting him take part in the jounin exams.
"Now that all of you are here," Tsunade said, leaning forwards onto her elbows and crossed her fingers in front of her mouth, looking at the group that had once dubbed themselves rookie 12 along with their senseis,"as you all know, an old ruin village had suddenly popped about 2 1/2 years ago and has been gaining many treaties and trade with countries and nations."
"Are you talking about Uzushiogakure no sato, Tsunade-sama?" Sakura asked, the girl had tried asking Tsunade for apprenticeship again after Naruto left when Tsunade had ended the apprenticeship, claiming Sakura doesn't have the qualities she was looking for in a medic ninja. So now the pink haired girl is learning medical treatment through the hospital, albeit it will never be as good as teachings from the legendary medical sannin herself. Tsunade nodded and continued. "Those that have secured a treaty or trade with Uzu have seemed very pleased with that nation. Many clients have started flocking towards Uzu to give them a mission and from what we have heard, they do not have a single mission failure. A few we have treaties or trades with have cancelled the contract, choosing Uzushiogakure. I want you all to head to Uzushiogakure and BE POLITE, acquaint yourselves with the kage. I want the kage to come over or I can go over either one the kage feels comfortable with."
"What if they kick us out?"
"Then leave. Don't force it and make them angry. Their ninjas are reported to be elite, could be kage level." Tsunade said, her gaze not wavering from them.
"Hai!"
"Before we leave, Tsunade-sama," Shikamaru called out, she turned her gaze to her as a silent request to continue, "is it wise to send 15 ninjas to Uzushiogakure? They might think we are declaring war."
"Uzu knows that most people wouldn't be so foolish as to send little people into an unknown area with unknown strengths. We would be foolish to send you all there to start a war, you guys wouldn't last 20 minutes against the uzukage's ninja. If you manage to last that long though... They are definitely playing with you." Tsunade said gravely. "Just remember! Get in as a group looking to be acquaintance, get out if they don't want to. Please give this to the Uzukage for me. Tell him that I wish to meet him. Or her..." Tsunade said, holding out a scroll to Shikamaru the squad leader.
With that, the group set out to pack for their trip to Uzushiogakure, not knowing what lies ahead of them.