Chapter 32

"Why do you look like your 12 year old self?" Sasuke questioned when he walked into the room. Naruto turned around to glance at Sasuke before returning to whatever she was doing before. Sasuke waited patiently for her to answer his question. "I am going to turn the tables on them. I am going to lure them in and they are going to chase after me. I have Ibiki and Anko on my side, they ordered their men to be ready so when I run in their direction, those villagers would be apprehended." Naruto said. Sasuke frowned at her. "But you're putting yourself in danger."
"I know you're worried Sasuke but its going to be fine, I am so much better than I was before." Naruto said as she walked to the door.
"Tell Itachi I will be back soon." Naruto said and she shut the door,  not waiting for Sasuke to reply. Sasuke gritted his teeth and growled quietly as he looked for pen and paper. "That stupid kid." Sasuke muttered as he wrote down a quick note for Itachi or anyone from the group before running after Naruto.
When he found Naruto, she was sitting on the hokage monument with blood stains on her clothing. Sasuke skidded to a stop next to her, dropping to his knees to check on her wounds. "I'm okay Sasuke." Naruto said quietly, hugging her knees to herself and ignoring the fact that that was agitating the wound. Sasuke glared at her and forced her arms away. "You're not okay! Stop saying you're okay! Its not okay! Why are you doing this to yourself?!" Sasuke yelled, tears rolling down his cheeks and he wiped at them quickly but they kept falling.
"At least this time they got what they deserved." Naruto replied coldly and Sasuke flinched. The villagers that always attacks Naruto were never caught until today. Even if they were caught, they were never sentence because Naruto wasn't 'human' nor was she an 'animal' so she doesn't have the same right as everyone else. "At least let me look at your wounds. You're hurting a lot. You don't have the kyuubi anymore to heal your wounds." Sasuke reminded gently. Naruto shook her head and said it was alright and that she will heal soon enough. "You are very pale. Its not okay." Sasuke tried as he held his arms out to steady Naruto who stood up, staggering a little.
"Charge them with attempted murder of the uzukage!" Naruto murmured weakly, swaying a little. Sasuke readied himself to catch Naruto. "Pft! Like anyone cares about a demon! A monster like me doesn't deserve any kindness from someone so nice like you. Those assassination attempts or suicide should have worked. Whyyyyy???? I'm so useless." Naruto muttered as if she was drunk and becoming more open with her thoughts and feelings. Sasuke darted forward as Naruto tipped backwards. He gently eased Naruto to the ground. "They were insulting you guys. I can't protect anyone... I am so useless." Naruto mumbled, her half lidded eyes clouded over as if she wasn't in this world. Sasuke felt her forehead, she was running a very high fever. How did this happen? It has only been two hours since she left to have her 'fun'. Was she already having a fever before or did something happen during her encounters that caused this? Sasuke tsked to himself as many questions ran through his head. Naruto groaned as if in pain and buried her face into Sasuke's stomach, curling up and shivering. "Whats wrong Naruto?" He needed to assess the damage before he tried to move her. She didn't answer as her breath quickened into ragged gasps. Why do you think this is fun Naruto? What got into you that made you think getting yourself hurt is fun? Sasuke thought as he gathered Naruto in his arms to bring her to the hokage.

On the way there, Naruto tugged weakly on his clothing. "I am sorry for... being such a burden and... for everything else." Naruto whispered weakly, her eyes feverishly dull. "Why are you apologising? Don't apologise, you did nothing wrong. Hey hey don't sleep. Think about Itachi. You guys are getting married soon remember? Its going to be beautiful and there will soon be a lot of little Itachis and little Narutos running around." Sasuke said, trying to keep Naruto talking to make sure she isn't falling asleep anytime soon.
"Ah.. I am sorry about that too. The thing is..." Naruto slurred, "I can't have children. The villagers made sure of it, just incase because they didn't want the demon having a spawn with their dna." Sasuke frowned, she didn't tell anyone that. Sasuke burst into the hokage's office. Tsunade was about to shout at him but noticed Naruto limp in his arms with bloodstained clothes and a pale face but her cheeks flushed with fever. Sasuke made a gesture with his face, telling her to not say anything for now as he continued talking to her while Tsunade moved around the desk to check on Naruto. "I can't continue the clan for Itachi. I don't know why he wants to marry a monster like me. I shouldn't have... I am taking away his opportunity to continue the clan." Naruto said softly in her fever induced state. Tsunade frowned and looked at Sasuke for explanation, Sasuke nodded as a sign that he will explain everything later but is pleading her to keep quiet for now. The door opened and in came the group of elite Uzu nins. They frowned worriedly, and Sasuke made a face to urging them to keep quiet. He glared at them when they tried to approach, even at Itachi. His glare warning them to stay where they are. "Sometimes I wished I was never born... then the seal on mother wouldn't have weakened... then the Uchiha clan wouldn't be pushed away and the clan wouldn't plan a coup and Itachi wouldn't be ordered to kill the clan. Its all because of me that all this happened." Naruto slurred out and her eyes started drifting shut. Sasuke shook her as Tsunade tried harder to heal all the wounds that clearly had acid and some sort of chemical poured onto it.

"Stay awake. Itachi really loves you. He doesn't care if he can't have any kids of his own." At that, everyone looked even more confused. "He loves you a lot. Thats why he waited so many years. He waited for you even though there might not be a chance of you guys ever getting together. But fate brought you guys together, you guys were meant to be. He wouldn't have waited if he didn't love you. Come on, where did the unstoppable ninja I know go? Nothing can get in your way. You're always so optimistic. You guys are going to get married, live life together, grow old together. See Hinata and I get married, having little halfies running around. How cool would that be? The child might have one byakugan eye and one sharingan. Then you two can run off into the sunset, screw your kage duties! Someone else can take care of that. Go on long vacations together." Sasuke is now just blabbering on and on jumping back and forth from point A to point C then to point B and then to point Z then back to point F. Naruto looked up at him, offering him a weak smile.
"Thank you for being my friend."
"Yes, and I still want to be your friend until we grow old."
"Im sorry." Naruto muttered and her eyes shut.
"F*ck! Move away Uchiha!" Tsunade shouted as she tried to get Naruto's heartbeat back up.