Chapter 35

"When are you two getting married?" Naruto asked, poking the Uchiha on the cheek. Sasuke swatted at Naruto's hand, scowling.
"What? We have only been dating for a few months." Sasuke deadpanned at Naruto, she was grinning and nudging him. "Stop doing that!" Sasuke exclaimed, swatting at her arm again.
"Why not? You guys can totally get married like right now if you want to, you know that." Naruto said, trying to coax the Uchiha to propose to Hinata. Sasuke glared at his best friend before looking down at his fingers. "I don't think I should rush her... besides, I might not be the one she truly wants," Sasuke muttered. Naruto, upon hearing that, started spluttering in disbelieve. "Wha- You- dude- You- she! URGHHH." Naruto then crossed her arms and turned away, grumbling something about insufferable Uchihas and their stupidity. Sasuke looked at her with that 'are you for real' look before he spoke. "And, you are engaged to one?" Naruto turned to glare at him for always pointing out weaknesses in what she says.
"You are the insufferable one right now, teme."
"Oh yeah, dobe?! Do you want to fight me?!" Sasuke challenged, glaring at her. Naruto glared right back, crossing her arms over her chest. "Oh yes, I do." Naruto snapped back as if daring Sasuke to back down. Naruto noticed Sasuke's finger twitch, that was her only warning before Sasuke swung a punch towards her. She dodged and returned the attack with a roundhouse kick, the edge of her foot hitting Sasuke's side causing him to stumble. The two fought each other in hand to hand combat, Naruto gaining the upper hand.

"What are the two of you doing?!" Kiba exclaimed, making Naruto turn her attention to him. Sasuke threw a punch too late to notice that Naruto wasn't paying attention to his fist that he cannot stop himself from making contact. Kiba watched in horror as the fist came close to the Uzukage's face. "What is it, Inuzuka-san?" Naruto asked, catching Sasuke's fist with an open palm. Sasuke let out a sigh of relief that he didn't bruise Naruto's face or else Itachi will kill him even though the older Uchiha knows that Naruto is capable of protecting herself and settling her own problems. Kiba pressed a hand to his chest, grateful that Naruto had caught the fist. "I was just wondering if you want to go get some barbeque... like old times. That's if you're not busy," Kiba said pausing before quickly adding, "Uzukage-sama."

They all caught Naruto's flinch at the title. "You didn't have to call me that," Naruto muttered, looking at the ground. Kiba looked at Sasuke, wondering what to do next. Sasuke just tilted his head towards Naruto, not saying a word or showing any emotion on his face. "Of course I should! You deserve the title, you should be addressed with the respect." Naruto fidgetted with her fingers, tugging at the cloak she was wearing. She shook her head, not saying anything before she tried to change the subject.

"We can go barbecue, you coming Sasuke?" Naruto asked, sending him a look as if daring him to object. Sasuke sighed quietly to himself and nodded, following the two to the restaurant. Naruto seems to be having a conversation with Akamaru as she replied out loud to the big dog whom merely turns to stare at her once in a while and barking occasionally. Even Kiba didn't understand what the two was talking about, however, neither Kiba nor Sasuke asked as they guessed the two wanted to keep their conversation private and they have to respect that. 

"When will you be leaving, Naruto?" Kiba asked as they made their way towards the Hokage tower. Naruto looked towards the Hokage monument before letting out a small sigh.

"When I get back what the village owes me," Naruto said softly, knowing that it will not be easy to do so. She didn't want the respect of that wretched village anymore, she didn't care for that anymore but she wants back every single bit of her parents' heritage and wealth. This village did not deserve to spend the money of one of the two most loyal shinobis after disrespecting their death wishes - the wishes that Naruto would be hailed as a hero for keeping the Kyuubi contained. They would be rolling in their graves if they found out what Naruto had been through.

"What? Like their lives?" Sasuke asked, muttering curses at everyone that had ever done Naruto wrong, even mumbling curses at himself for the way he treated Naruto a few years back. "You wish." Naruto shot back.
"What do you mean by that, Sasuke?" Kiba asked, curious after Akamaru barked at Kiba to voice that same question. Sasuke looked at the dog-lover then turned to the fox-lover who merely shrugged an approval. Sasuke began briefly explaining what the villagers did to Naruto, and by brief, it had taken Sasuke almost 20 minutes and they had to walk in circles to drag out the time before they went to the Hokage. The more Sasuke told him, with little inputs from Naruto, the angrier he got. Kiba was growling by the end, anger radiating from the Inuzuka. Naruto sighed when villagers began muttering and shying away when she approached. She caught onto some of the things that they were muttering.

"That demon brat is brainwashing the Konoha shinobis again, look at that the Inuzuka kid is radiating anger, I hope that the Inuzuka is going to kill that demon brat with the Uchiha. They are certainly strong enough to do so."

"That Kyuubi brat is such a menace, look at it forcing the clan members to waste their precious time on that piece of trash."

"You would think that when the council banished the demon brat that it would learn to kill itself but clearly it was too stupid to do so. I say we gather people tonight and get rid of it ourselves, the village will praise us and we will be hailed as heroes!"

Naruto's brain began calculating the probability of that claim and whether she should stay away from her house for a bit so that it doesn't bother anyone when they do attack her. She wrapped Kiba and Sasuke in the warmth of her chakra before they realised that they were standing before the Hokage's office. "I am sorry you guys had to go through all that staring and muttering in the market just now." Naruto said softly, ready to kneel to apologise but Sasuke and Kiba were quick to catch onto what she was thinking about as they had darted forwards. Sasuke wrapped an arm around Naruto's waist and Kiba wrapped a hand around her arm, both holding her up to prevent her from kneeling.
"Don't you ever kneel." Kiba growled, angry that the way the villae had treated her still affects her like this. "You must never kneel, not to anyone ever. Do NOT ever kneel to apologise, you are a kage. You are the most important person in your village, you must remember to treat yourself with that same respect you treat other people."