Chapter Five

I put my feet on the dash, ignoring Ashtrid's protests. "Oh, shut it, Asteroid," I say, flipping the radio on. I flip through the channels until I find the one I want.

I can move mountains. I can work a miracle. (Work a miracle) Oh oh. I begin to sing along and tap my foot. Then, Ashtrid flips it off. "Hey! That was Fall Out Boy!" I say.

"No music," he says.

"You're boring," I say.

Ashtrid shrugs. "And you're a whinebag, but who am I to judge?"

"I hate you," I say.

"I've heard that a million times, Liv," he says.

I shrug. "Just making my point clear." I stick my hand out the window, letting the wind hit it. It's a pretty hot day. When we finished breakfast at McDonald's, I was pretty sure it was around eighty something.

My phone starts ringing, pulling me from my thoughts. I look at the caller ID and smile. "Hello, Claire," I say when I answer it.

"Hey, Olivia," my best friend says. "How's the trip coming?"

I look at Ashtrid. "It's boring. Asteroid won't even let me listen to music."

"Liv, if you call me that one more time, I'm going to strangle you," growls Ashtrid.

I roll my eyes. "Shut it, Asteroid. I'm on the phone."

Claire giggles, "So, has he made his move yet?"

"What?! Are you crazy? No! That is so gross, Claire," I exclaim then go silent, remembering that Ashtrid is in the car.

"Oh, come on, Liv. Two eighteen-year-olds in a car on a trip across the country alone. Tell me that's not asking for summer love," Claire says.

I scowl. "Claire, can I call you back when I'm alone?"

"Ooh, is he is the car?" Claire asks excitedly.

I sigh, "Yes, Claire." I can see her smiling in my mind. I know she is.

"Mmm, it's a hot day, isn't it?"

I scowl. "What are you trying to say?"

Claire giggles then says, "You know people usually dress down when it's hot." Then, she starts singing, "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clo-"

"Claire Marie Linbrook, you are such a pervert!" I exclaim. She starts dying from laughter. "It's not funny!"

When her laughter dies down, she says, "No, but seriously, what does he look like shirtless? I know you've seen him."

"I'll talk to you later, Claire," I say, hanging up. I can't take anymore of her jokes. My phone starts to buzz, and I look at it. It's a text from Claire.

Claire: It's rude to hang up on people.

Me: I'll call you when I'm alone.

Claire: Fine. Just tell me one thing. Have you seen him shirtless?

Me: Yes, but bye.

Claire: Ooh. ;)

Me: Bye, Claire.

Claire: Bye

I roll my eyes and lock my phone then look out the window. "It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes," sings Ashtrid. My face heats up. He heard that conversation.

"It's rude to eavesdrop," I say.

"Well, I could hear her from here, so it technically isn't eavesdropping." I roll my eyes. "So, how do I look when I'm shirtless, Olivia?" asks Ashtrid, trying to hide a smile.

"Ashtrid," I warn.

Ashtrid nudges me. "Come on, I want to know."

"Ashtrid, I did not like the view I got last night," I lie. I actually kind of did,but I'm not telling him that. It's normal for a single girl to appreciate a nice body, and still does not have feelings for him, right?

"Just think. You probably get to see me shirtless more often. It's only been two days. Imagine what can happen on this trip."

"Ashtrid, I swear to God," I say.

He laughs, "You never know. You might see me in boxers. I bet you're waiting for that. See I knew I was irresistible."

"Claire was wanting to know. Not me," I say.

"Uh huh, sure," he replies.

I scowl. "You're not going to let me live this down, are you?"

He grins. "Nope."
---------
Author's Note:
Guys, honestly, what do you think about Road Trip With the Enemy? Comment and let me know!