Third Chapter of the Past

^ It's not rendering very well up there, but that's the new, updated version of Jeff and Smiley that will be in the game. They are still drafts at the moment though.

-+-

This day may be the greatest day of my life.

I haven't seen my brother for so long- well, a couple of days- and now I'm finally allowed to. After we were attacked and the police questioned us, we couldn't live in the same home. Honestly, it was worse than death. I spent every day thinking about him and when my family could be together again. I'm just glad that our parents don't hold anything against us. There was nothing else that could've been done.

Opening the front door is the hardest thing, but I'm so quick to do so. I see my brother in all his glory standing behind it, and this hug is the longest hug I've ever given someone. Even if the incident has driven us apart, I'll try my hardest to make sure that life is the same as it always has been for us.

"We missed you so much," my mom says.

"And I missed you guys."

We all glance at each other and smile as the new feeling of home sets in. It truly is amazing to know that we didn't have to be separated for life. Taking the blame for someone else is tragic, and I was scared that the sentence would be longer than just a year. Good thing Randy confessed. It saved my family, after all.

I really, really hope that the incident hasn't driven us apart.

That would be a nightmare.

My brother and I decide to do what we used to do to catch up and take a walk in the peaceful outdoors. I told him everything that happened when we were apart and he did the same. Seems like nothing has changed for either of us. This is the ideal type of miracle that can have an impact on people.

"Do you remember all those times we spent at the park?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says. "That place was so dangerous."

Well, of course it was. Both of us nearly died there. One time, an armed psycho showed up and tried to take out the school nearby. We were so scared that day. We honestly thought that neither of us would be making it back home. But, lucky for us, our parents picked us up early and called the police. They were so caring back then. They never doubted us, and I'm sure they still don't. We are teenagers, but you learn to mature quickly when stress is presented to a previously perfect life.

I'm sure that moving houses started the process for us. It was hard to handle, but my brother and I could've made it alone if only those guys hadn't tried to attack us at the bus stop. However, today is a new day, and the two of us are unstoppable. We can live the rest of our lives without a care in the world. It's the perfect life for two imperfect souls like us.

But this entire day was a dream.

My brother and I didn't reconnect so peacefully.

No... We met again after a tragic incident, and I can tell that nothing will be the same anymore.