10- Daddy's Day Off (sort of)

Inspired by @mangakakuro, I agree Stiles needed a break. :)

Stiles groaned as he felt the weight of children land on top of him, jarring him out of his peaceful sleep. He cracked an eye open, mentally kicking the culprits. It happened to be Miranda and Clark this time.

"Daddy! Clark broke my iron man doll and-"

"No, dad, that's not true. She stole my bagel and licked it-"

"No, papa said it was for anybody." They both continued on like this, Stiles' sleep fuzzy brain not able to keep up. He dragged his hand through his hair and over his face, trying to wake up a little bit.

"Hey." Uh-oh. That was Derek's stern I-am-your-father voice. All three Stilinski-Hale heads turned to look at the alpha. He was standing in the door way, his face very much the face of a parent correcting his children.

"I thought I told you to let daddy sleep." The kids shared a look for a second, before both diving in to explain.

"Well you were busy with-" "And we didn't want to disrupt you-" "Honestly, we thought-" Derek growled lowly, silencing them.

"Downstairs. Now." They both went running off, Stiles was quite impressed with their speed. As soon as they were down the stairs Derek moved farther into the room, his face going back to the relaxed and content expression that Stiles absolutely loves. Derek sat on the edge of the bed next to his husband, running a hand through his hair. Stiles sighed, leaning into Derek's hand.

"Sorry they woke you." Stiles shrugged, his eyes falling closed again.

"V'been dealing with it for twelve years. You didn't have to be s'hard on em."

"I was very clear when I said they were not to wake you up." Stiles just shrugged, trying to burrow closer to the warmth Derek was offering. Derek chuckled, pressing a kiss to Stiles' head.

"Go back to sleep. I love you." Stiles grunted in response, Derek chuckling again. He got up, quietly closing the bedroom door behind him. Derek had a plan, but he needed Scott.

**********

Stiles woke up a couple hours later, extremely refreshed. He smiled a little as he stretched out, before pulling the covers off and heading downstairs. The house was quiet, he didn't really hear anything as he descended the stairs.

He found Miranda, Clark, and Pies curled up in front of the TV in the living room, watching Spiderman. He smiled as Clark snored a little, drool falling onto his sister's shoulder. They were adorable. He continued into the kitchen, finding Derek at the table with Cadi in his lap.

"Grandma's pretty." Stiles could see a sad smile on Derek's face.

"Ya, she was beautiful." He moved behind his mate, wrapping his arms around Derek's shoulders. Derek leaned into him, pressing a kiss to Stiles' wrist. Cadi smiled up at him, showing him the picture she found. It was one of the only pictures Derek had left of his family.

"Shows you where papa gets his beauty from, huh?" Cadi made a face, while Derek rolled his eyes.

"Alright, Stiles, let's not scar our children." Stiles laughed, pressing a kiss to Derek's head. He held out his arms for Cadi, who was about to willingly come to him, but Derek stopped her.

"Nope, you go back upstairs." Stiles raised an eyebrow.

"I want to hold my baby, Derek." Derek smirked at him.

"You can hold her, but you have to promise afterwards you'll go back upstairs."

"Why?"

"Because you have to get dressed for going out. Scott's going to be here in twenty minutes to pick you up."