13- Eerie Resemblance

"Derek! Derek, Derek, Derek, Derek! Derek!"

Said man sighed, looking up from his book as his hyperactive husband came running into the kitchen. He watched as Stiles slid on the wooden floor, not being able to stop properly with his fuzzy socks on his feet, and knocked into the kitchen island. He wasn't even slightly affected, continuing on his mission to get to Derek.

"Derek!" Derek smiled in amusement at him, allowing the younger man to squirm his way into Derek's lap, his book being pushed aside.

"Yes, love?"

"Have you seen our son lately?!" Derek squinted in confusion, looking around, his parental instincts instantly on guard. 

"I thought he went out with his cousins? Was I suppose to have seen him? Did I miss something?" Stiles shook his head at Derek, his hand almost hitting Derek in the face as he flailed a little. 

"Not that son, the other one."

"He's at college, Stiles. Are you starting to lose your memory in your old age?" Derek asked with a smirk, much more relaxed now that it was clear that no one was out of place, and Stiles was just being Stiles. 

"Now is not the time for jokes, Der! Look at this! Look at it!" Derek flinched back as Stiles' phone was shoved into his face. He went a little cross eyed trying to look at what Stiles was showing him, before just snatching it out of Stiles' hands. 

It was a picture off of Toby's Instagram. It was just him and a friend. Derek didn't see anything special about it. He tried to look harder at it, maybe he was missing something. He glanced at Stiles, then back at the phone.

"Uh.. wow. That's really.. Yeah." Derek cringed a little, obviously not pulling off being in the know very well. Stiles rolled his eyes at Derek, snatching the phone back. It ended up right back in Derek's face, making the werewolf sigh. He gently pushed Stiles' hand back, giving his husband a look that communicated his level of done.

"Derek, this is serious! How can you not see it? He looks exactly like you! I mean, he's always resembled you more, but like, he legit looks like could have passed as your twin twenty years ago." Derek glared at Stiles a little for taking a jab at his age, but otherwise let it slide. 

He grabbed the phone back, looking at the picture again. Toby just looked like Toby, except he decided to forego shaving. It was a little different, Toby has always been one for keeping his face smooth, but it looked good. Toby was now twenty-two, but the beard made him look a little older.

"That's not true. He has your eyes." Toby's eyes were every bit of honey brown as Stiles', and it made Derek smile. Stiles threw his hands up in exasperation. 

"Okay, he has my eyes, but he literally has your everything else. How are you not freaking out about this?"

"Because he's our son, genetically made up from the two of us. Of course he's going to resemble us." 

"There's a difference between resembling and twinning, Derek! It's incredible, yet kind of eerie." Derek just shook his head at his husband's antics.

"Okay, Stiles. Whatever you say." Stiles jabbed him in the shoulder, which Derek didn't even validate with a response. 

"Whatever. I'm going to go call Scott and Erica, they'll freak out with me. Unlike you." Stiles went to slide off of Derek's lap, but Derek secured his arms around Stiles' body, holding him in place. Stiles glared, but didn't put up a fight. Derek smiled, gently pressing their lips together. Stiles melted into him, his hand moving up to scratch at Derek's scalp. 

Derek smiled again, releasing his hold on Stiles. Stiles sat there for a moment, his face relaxed and content. Before spiraling right back into action, and pushing himself out of Derek's lap.

"I can't believe you don't see it. Wait until Erica hears about this." Derek smiled as he heard Stiles tapping away at his phone, continuing to ramble on as he moved throughout the house.

His mate was a mess.