1. Apologies

........................
I DON'T OWN ANY OF THESE AMAZING HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS. THEY BELONG TO MY FAVOURITE J.K.ROWLING. (Except Stefano and Aria)

........................

Hogwarts had been splendidly rebuilt after the war. It was now ready to welcome students back to complete their studies.

After the sad demise of both Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall assumed the prestigious position as the Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Acceptance letters had been sent to all the survivor students of the war.

A few Slytherins chose to come back joined by some Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and most of the Gryffindors, to redo their 7th year.

The Golden Trio also was coming back for graduation.

Hermione Granger, the brain of the Golden Trio, was frenzied upon receiving her acceptance letter from Hogwarts. She had long awaited to be back at Hogwarts.

She was currently at the Burrow with the Weasleys and the Boy-who-lived-twice, her best friend, a brother, Harry James Potter.

Harry and Ron both had agreed to return to Hogwarts. Ginny was engaged to Harry just after the war and hence she was also coming back to graduate. After the war, Ron and Hermione decided that they stay as best friends and not as a couple. Both were content with this mutual understanding.

Along with her letter and booklist was a small brown packet with her name on it. She opened it gingerly to find the Hogwarts crest along with her name on it and the words 'Head Girl' engraved in gold. There was a small note with the badge.

Dear Miss Granger,

You have been chosen as Head Girl for the year. Congratulations! Meet me on the train once you settle down. I have some important matters to discuss with you.

- Minerva McGonagall
HeadMistress
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Hermione had always wanted to be a Head Girl. Her happiness was exuberant. But...

Who was the Head Boy?

She asked Harry if he had been made the Head Boy, to which he promptly denied. Hmm...

31st August

Hermione was busy packing her stuff neatly in her big wooden trunk with a Hogwarts crest on it. She packed her clothes, accessories and most importantly her books. Oh! How she loved her books!

The Golden Trio and Ginny had been to Diagon Alley for their annual shopping earlier that day.

It was now time for dinner.

"Kids, dinner's waiting!" Mrs. Weasley summoned all of them to the dining room.

"Coming Mum!" Ginny yelled out her reply. Hermione and Ginny were sharing Ginny's bedroom.

After placing an expandable charm on her trunk for making enough space for her books and leftover clothes, she tucked her wand in her pocket and rushed downstairs after Ginny, only to bump into a much taller ginger, George.