19. Revelations

"What does it look like? The tigress." Draco asked impatiently.

"Uhm.. Uh.. It looks like the tigress is sleeping but it is.. probably.. pained. It looks like she is hurt and troubled. She is writhing around. What is it son?" Narcissa said. Now it was time for Draco to explain. Lucius and Narcissa were completely speechless when he explained.

"Ease the tattoo like you would to a pet. Please do it. But slow and smooth movements. Please be careful, Mother" he said and turned himself so that he was facing Hermione's sleeping form. Narcissa did as she was told. The tigress moved a bit and so did Hermione's fingers. Draco gently grabbed her injured right hand and carressed it. Narcissa continued with renewed assurance that this would help.

After a few minutes, Hermione slowly opened her eyes. Her head was throbbing. Her muscles were stiff and sore. She felt as though her body was lifeless. She slowly turned her head to her right and saw Draco's worried face and seeing her, he grinned. He quickly wiped his tears and gently stroked her cheek. She flinched at his touch due to cuts but ignored the pain and attempted to smile but failed miserably.

Narcissa quickly got to her side and she was smiling although there were tears in her eyes. Narcissa grabbed the vial of prescribed potion and slowly made Hermione drink it. Hermione found it really difficult to gulp. But she knew she had to.
Narcissa and Lucius left the two alone after Darwin had served the dishes for them.

"Hermione, can you sit up?" Draco asked with concern. She gave a faint nod. He piled up pillows for her to sit comfortably. He helped her slowly get up and sit. The potions did ease her pain a bit. She could sit now.

Draco began feeding Hermione after her failed attempts to eat a single morsel without losing grip over the spoon. They ate in silence as Draco chose not to say anything to her. After having finished their food, they were lying down next to each other. Draco was about to finally say something, she slowly shook her head.

"Talk through telepathy." She croaked. Her voice was very hoarse. She was surprised. She sounded like a frog and duck mixed.

Draco connected first. 'I am sorry. All this is my fault. You are in pain because of me. I am really sorry Hermione. I couldn't-'
'Ssh Draco. It's not your fault. I will be fine soon. Don't wor-'

He burst and spoke out loud. "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! YOU WON'T!" He sat up crossed legged on his bed facing her.

'What do you mean I won't?' she continued telepathy link. She didn't have energy to speak.
"I don't mean that. It's all my fault." he continued aloud.

'Drake, I want to know why did you say I wouldn't be fine. Tell me NOW!' she demanded in his thoughts.

"I don't have enough courage to tell you anything. It's killing me."

"Now!" She managed to speak a word with a stern expression that she could manage.

"I can't." he said and cried.

"Please!" She said and reached out to him. She couldn't stretch herself. He might have noticed and he made himself reachable. She fondly caressed his cheek. He melted into her touch.

"I don't wanna lose you. You are my life. I can't live without you." he said.

'I won't leave you anytime soon. I also know one thing for sure. You were cursed when you cursed me. Dolohov told me that something dreadful is coming my way. I know that you are aware about it. But, Drake, I need to know. I am the one who is suffering. So please, tell me. I beg you. I need to know. Please Draco! Please!' she telepathied him.