28. Family First

The next week passed in a blur. Hermione was able to walk slowly with a walking stick occasionally and do her basic chores. She was back to being independent (with a little help from a walking stick). All thanks to Stefano's potions for paralysis.

Aria and Hermione had become almost inseparable over the past couple of weeks. Strange but true. It was today that Draco would be coming back home for his Christmas break.

Narcissa and Lucius were back from their business trip which proved to be a very successful one. This deal had increased the already unimaginable amount of money in the Gringotts accounts under the name of Malfoy.

Stefano had returned last night and insisted Hermione to take the first dosage of her long awaited remedy. Hermione had refused point blank and wanted to wait for Draco to be by her side. Nobody can win an argument against Hermione Granger, so Stefano agreed on waiting for Draco.

Currently Hermione, Aria and Narcissa were in the kitchen. They were making the favourite delicacies of their respective loved ones. Yes, Aria and Stefano were official after they had asked Narcissa and Lucius for their assent which was readily granted. The things would be made sufficient that they could be shared by everyone not just the people for whom it was made.

Hermione was making Draco's favourite vegetarian sandwiches with a lot of cheese. She also made cheese balls with a creamy dip. Draco was a Cheese Fanatic. She was smiling all the time while thinking about Draco's reaction when he sees her walking around. He would be so happy when he comes to know that she prepared his favourites without magic.

Narcissa and Aria were also quite happy that things have already started going uphill. Aria was reluctant but on Narcissa's insistence, the elves were given the day off. The rule for the day was - 'NO MAGIC WHILE COOKING'. That's right. It was Hermione's suggestion.

Aria wasn't good with cooking stuffs without magic but Narcissa and Hermione helped her out. It was almost 5pm. Lucius had gone with Stefano for picking up Draco and then they would go to Gringotts for some paperwork before returning home for dinner. So supposedly, the male trio would be back by 6:30. Narcissa had made garlic bread which smelled delicious along with some curry which Hermione hadn't tasted nor seen before. Narcissa also made raviolis. For desserts, there would be hot chocolate for everyone as it was pretty cold. Winter had already set in long back.

Aria made hot and sour soup and some peta bread in which Narcissa helped her. Hermione selected some beautiful crockery and some old red and white wine from the different cabinets. Aria and Narcissa set the table. Together the women went to their rooms after making sure everything was perfectly set. It was 6:15 when the car horns resounded in the courtyard of the Manor signalling the arrival of the male members. Although all of them could apparate, but Lucius preferred his luxurious cars with a chauffeur. Malfoys had purchased several cars after the war, some of which were vintage. Nobody could imagine such drastic changes from purebloods let alone Malfoys. Cars were obviously 'Muggle'. They had proved everybody wrong.

Hermione made her way down the elegant staircase as quickly as possible. She was walking without a walking stick. Her pace wasn't her usual one but she could walk without support.

She was clad in a lilac coloured knee length dress and matching flats. Her hair was pulled back with a small hairclip adorned with lilac flowers. She had some light make up, her long brown hair cascading down in soft curls. She looked stunning. Narcissa and Aria followed her suit, dressed in baby blue and lemon yellow dresses. They looked quite pretty themselves.