12. Shopping Spree

The couples had been granted the permission to go for shopping in Diagon Alley. Draco, Hermione, Harry, Ginny, Ron, Pansy, Blaise, Luna, Theo, Daphne, Neville, Hannah, Seamus, Lavender, Dean and Parvati made their way together to Diagon Alley.

Draco and Hermione decided that they would select each others costumes for the ball. The couples went their separate ways and it was decided that all of them will meet at the same point after 4 hours. After reaching a consensus, they parted ways.
Hermione, Ginny, Pansy and Luna along with their partners went to a huge store which was famous for its formal wears.

Draco went to the racks displaying beautiful floor length gowns which were made for ladies of the elite class. They were really expensive but the designs were worth the price. He wanted the best for Hermione.

He sent a note to his mom calling her over to help him choose. Draco hadn't told Hermione he was taking help of his mother. They two were in completely different sections of the enormous store. Narcissa had arrived in a few minutes after receiving the note. Together mother and son started hunting for the perfect dress.

Hermione had been thinking about asking Harry and Blaise for help but then she changed her mind. She sent her patronus to Lucius asking for his help. Her patronus was answered in a few minutes when he apparated in front of her.

"Hello Lucius! Thank you so much for coming. I want to tell you one thing before anyone sees you. Harry and Ron are also here. They don't know you so they might be rude. But don't worry I will handle them and one more thing. Don't let Draco know about us meeting here." She said as she hugged her soon to be father in law. She was hugged back.

"Don't worry dear. It's alright. I won't tell anyone. Now let's start searching something for my son. He must look the best." Said Lucius. Hermione smiled and together they started their search of the perfect attire for the sole Malfoy Heir.

"Hermione I-" Harry called and was shocked to see Hermione with Lucius Malfoy who was smiling and showing her a suit.

Hermione and Lucius both turned over to see Harry rushing towards them with his wand in his hand. He looked furious. Hermione subtly stood in front of Lucius so that Harry won't be able to harm Lucius.

"Harry, what happened?" She asked smiling ignoring the looks she was receiving from her best friend.

"What is he doing here? Are you nuts Hermione? Why didn't you call me? He is dangerous. He doesn't deserve to be here. He is a bloody Death Eater. Move away from him. " he said in an angry tone.

"Harry James Potter! Listen to me. I called him here to help me choose a suit for Draco. He is experienced and he knows what will suit Draco better than me. And, he is not the one we knew. He too changed for good just like Draco. So behave! He is soon going to be my Father-in-law. Or better yet, My Father. I know him. So just calm down." She said putting her hands on Harry's shoulders.

"Breathe!" she said and Harry obeyed. Of course he knew Hermione won't make any statements about a person without knowing that person well. He even knew that Lucius and his family had been declared innocent by the Ministry.

"Sorry! I was just worried about you." Harry said. "I am sorry Mister Malfoy. I overreacted. How are you?" he said turning to Lucius.

"It's alright. Your reaction wasn't as bad as I have experienced before. I am fine. How are you my boy?" Lucius said smiling and putting forward his hand for Harry.