5. Planning Fever

After lunch Draco and Hermione both met in their common room.They both spent those two hours doing the home work for the upcoming week. They occasionally laughed, teased and mocked each other. They both felt happy and safe when around each other but both of them seemed to be cowards to admit their feelings to one another. They were scared if the other one would turn away if their feelings were confessed. They both wanted to take everything slowly.

A few days passed quickly. Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy grew very close to each other.
They both knew each other pretty much. Draco had been having his nightmares and hence they both decided to sleep together. Mind you, just innocent SLEEP.

They even went to Hogsmead trips together as friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Draco had been accepted by the Gryffindors with some convincing from Hermione's part. Hermione had been introduced to Draco's friends Pansy, Blaise, Theo, and Daphne. Everybody accepted her with open arms after she accepted their apologies.

Lately, Draco had been planning for Hermione's birthday which was on 19th of September. 5 days to go. He had been coming up with brilliant ideas of giving her a surprise birthday party with help from the Gryffindors and his friends. He had been planning on ask her to be his girlfriend.

Today he went to the Head Mistress asking for permission to go to Diagon Alley. He told her about his plans and also seekomg permission for the party.

She readily agreed to it since it was about her favourite student and hence he was permitted to use the Floo network to go to Diagon Alley. He went back to their common room and then to his own bedroom. He searched for his money bag, shrunk it and left a little note for Hermione on the coffee table saying he will be a little late.

He made his way to the Head Mistress's office and flooed himself to Diagon Alley. He went to Madam Malkin's (clothes shop) and after several confusing minutes of browsing, he found a perfect dress for Hermione. It was a full sleeved, floor length, emerald green dress with delicate gold embroidery with intricate patterns all over. It had a golden strap at the waist. The sleeves were made up of net.

He imagined Hermione wearing this dress and thought that it would fit her perfectly. He asked for some enchantments from Madam Malkin to fit the wearer.

He paid 800 galleons for the dress as it was from the designer section of the elite. That dress was one of its kind. A single piece and hence it was expensive. Draco requested it to be delivered to Hogwarts on 18th September around 4:30.

Now he just had to purchase matching dress robes for himself. He just found the perfect ones after another tiring round of searching. The robes would also be delivered along with the dress and he couldn't risk Hermione seeing them.

He now made his way to the best jewellery shop in the whole wizarding Europe. Sir Jacob's Jewels. He walked inside and was greeted by old Sir Jacob who still managed to buzz with enthusiasm.

"Good day young Mister Malfoy. Good to see you here. How may I help you?" asked sir Jacob.

"Good day Sir Jacob. I would love to customise a nice bracelet for someone. That bracelet has to be enchanted. There should be our initials engraved along with the words MEA SEMPER. It should have diamonds and Emeralds in the best possible design anyone can think of." he said and gave their initials along with other details for his requirements.

"Very well Mister Malfoy. When do you expect it to be done? But let me tell you, it will be a little pricey" said sir Jacob.