26. Clarifications

"Stef, please heal this cut. There shouldn't be any scar. Be careful." Aria said and got up to give space to Stefano. He shook his head.

"No Aria! I won't. He is one of them who ruined my life. He deserves to be injured. He deserves to suffer." Stefano said with venom in his voice. He seemed determined.

"What is wrong with you? He is bleeding. He got cut with a piece of glass. It might infect him. You wanted to become a Healer right? A Healer doesn't hold grudges. For him, everyone is equal. They don't discriminate. Please! We can sort our issues later. I promise." She pleaded with him. He sighed. She was right. She is always right.

He begrudgingly walked over to the Sofa where Lucius sat. He then touched his wand near the cut and muttered a few incantations. Soon the cut healed itself and his cheek was same as before.

"Thank you Stefano. I apologise for my misakes and my behaviour towards you in our past." Lucius said.

Narcissa came out of the background and stood behind the sofa. Stefano and Lucius who were sitting on that sofa, turned to face her. She had pure guilt on her face. Lucius understood and got up to embrace her. Stefano got up too and walked over to stand beside Aria. She gently patted his arm and mouthed a quiet 'Thank you'. He just shrugged his shoulders in response. Hermione and Draco were watching all this quietly with their hands entwined not knowing how to react.

"Stef, I want to sort our issues. I want my brother back. As for me, I apologise for everything that has happened to you be it my fault or not. It doesn't really matter who did what but I still support your dream of becoming a great Healer who has various new spells to treat different illnesses. I was never in favour of you becoming an Auror. Never in a lifetime.
And as for Lucius, he had nothing to do with our family. In fact, he actually tried to convince Father for letting you to become a Healer. He did that when I asked him to. He let me stay at Grimmauld just for you. Just in case you need someone. He was worried about me and Draco seeing the violent nature of Father towards you. Before Voldemort actually came and ruined our lives, he told me to bring you to Malfoy Manor and help you in any way possible to become a Healer. You always condemned and critised him without grounds.
He respected our relationship and hence he kept quiet otherwise he is not the one to listen to baseless retorts that you always threw at him on multiple occasions. You thought that I was with Father in his decision to disown you, you blamed me and Lucius for no good reason. Andromeda tried convincing me to drop your side but I didn't. You and Sirius were the closest among the other siblings we had. Everybody knew that I was stubborn and so we're you, but Father eventually won after portraying me bad. That's exactly what he did. He knew we would be a strong force together and he used that weapon against us." Narcissa ended her speech. Tears slowly rolled down her cheeks. Lucius's grip tightened around her shoulders. She was panting slightly after her outburst. Stefano was gaping. Aria was surprised although she knew the story from a different angle.

Draco never knew that his parents had been through so much in their lives. His respect for them increased manifold that very moment. He heard his mother let out a long and shaky sigh. He immediately turned his head to look at her.

"Do you want to know anything else? Any more clarification is needed?" She asked sounding really tired.
Stefano looked guilty all of a sudden. He shook his head and sighed.

"I am sorry Cissa. I misunderstood you. I was so stupid to think that my elder sister would wish something bad for me for her own benefits. I am so sorry. Lucius, I apologise from the core of my heart. I shouldn't have blamed you for what happened to me. Please forgive me." Stefano said.