21. He's Gone!

Next morning, Draco woke up from his sound sleep by hearing muffled screaming. He saw Hermione hiding her face in his shirt. She was crying. He stroked her hair, "Ssh Hermione. It's just a dream. I am here. Wake up!" he said cooing.

The screams died down to slow whimpers. Draco was so curious and he wanted to ask about the nightmare but he kept quiet till the time she was calm again.

"What happened love?" Draco asked in his sweetest voice.

"A nightmare concerning you." She spoke rather timidly.

"Care to share, dear?" he asked still stroking her long brown hair.

"Uh.. I- um-we were.." She started narrating her night mare.

DREAM: (Hermione's POV)

I, Draco and our two children were out for some family picnic. The children were running around with a pet dog. I and Draco, we were sitting on the ground near a tree in the shade. Draco was leaning against the trunk of the tree and I was leaning against him. We were watching our kids play. Happy and satisfied. Those were the two words to describe my state of mind. I was completely well and there was no longer illness. Our family was fit and fine.

"Whatcha thinking love?" Draco asked.

"About us. Our life. Our past and present. Thinking about future. Draco, I love you. I always had and always will." I said and leaned into him, his cologne still sending shivers down my spine.

"I love you too Hermy. I always had and always will. I promise to protect you and our children. We must promise each other to not leave the other alone. Promise?" Draco asked sticking out his pinky finger. I looked at him and smiled. I entangled my pinky finger with his saying "I promise."

We both laughed and then Draco leaned in closing the gap between us. He kissed me and I didn't think for a split second to kiss him back. Our lips moved in complete sync. Bliss.

"EEEWWWW!" our children screamed making us pull away from each other. We looked at their disgusted faces and then at each other. We laughed seeing their expressions.

"Sorry kids. Your mommy here is so beautiful. She is simply irresistible." Draco said and I felt my cheeks heat up considerably. I hid my face in my hands after smacking Draco playfully on his arm. Draco was chuckling and our kids were laughing at my sight.

I waved them off and stood up moving over to the picnic blanket.

"Come on now. Let's eat the food before daddy eats it all. Come on kiddos." I said grinning playfully and calling my kids over after setting the plates. I saw Draco laugh and he too stood up. The kids sat down in front of their plates. I gave them a big slice of pizza, a cheese grilled sandwich and a small glass filled with coke. Nobody would believe that I was being liberal with their eating habits. But then again, everyone needed a change. One day a month wouldn't harm.

They started off by taking big bites and gulping down.

"Chew!" I ordered and they grinned as they obeyed. I was waiting for Draco. He looked like he was spacing out.

"Draco! I am hungry. Come fast!" I called. He seemed to snap back to reality and he smiled and walked over to us. I suddenly saw movement from the corner of my eyes. I pulled out my wand. Seeing this Draco paused and whipped out his wand. He slowly turned and observed our surroundings. A spell hit me and I knew exactly what was happening. Yet again. The Cruciatus Curse.