03 | Torture

Chapter Three

Three Years From Now:

"She was a real bitch." I complained, sitting in the passenger seat as Enzo drove.

"Can't argue with that.." Enzo breathed, looking over to me. "You're very strong, you know."

I let out a small laugh, popping another fry in my mouth. "Oh, I know. It did get boring though.."

"What? The torture?" Enzo cracked a smile.

"No, waiting for you to come rescue me." I clarified, adjusting my position in the seat.

"I did no rescuing. You clearly saved yourself, I was just your get-away driver.." Enzo's eyes met mine, before he grabbed my hand. "Cassidy, if I could've gotten there any sooner-"

"I know..you would've swooped in and saved me. You would've made me feel like some sort of princess." I pursed my lips, furrowing my eyebrows. "Lucky for you, I've never really been a big fan of princesses."

I shot him a smirk, leaning over, pecking him on the cheek before I sat back in my seat. I then continued eating my fries, as he returned the smirk.

The flirtatious smirks remained, until I began coughing.

"You alright? I told you to take it easy with those greasy potato-sticks.." Enzo acknowledged.

My coughing progressed into a violent choking. "Cassidy.." Enzo cautioned.

I immediately twisted my hand at the gas gauge, stopping the car, unbuckling my seatbelt, rushing out of the car, kneeling on the asphalt road where I began puking up black blood.

"Cassidy!" Enzo called out, racing over to my side.

The puking stopped and I began breathing heavily, touching my mouth and throat. I looked back down at my hands before my eyes met with Enzo's, his face full of concern.

"Enzo..it's not over." I panted with wide eyes.

"What? What's not over, love.." Enzo held my face in his hands, as I continued slouching on the concrete.

"The torture."

Present Day:

I sat on the couch, reading one of Elena's old diaries.

I know we've been placed in many traumatic situations, but I had no idea she wrote all of them down.

"What is it with everyone's incessant need to write down every single feeling?" Enzo's voice interrupted my reading.

I rolled my eyes, not looking up from the page as I cleared my throat. "No idea, but this little stalker-thing that you've got going on, isn't even remotely charming.." I spat.

"What, even if I'm here to tell you, you were right?" Enzo took a seat beside me on the couch.

"Especially to tell me I'm right, because I already knew that." I shot back, keeping my eyes locked on the diary.

"So, uh- word on the street is that one of Lily's magical elves lost his heart." Enzo averted the subject, causing me to quickly close the diary and make eye contact.

"What?" I exclaimed, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You haven't heard?" Enzo raises a brow. "Yeah. Someone killed Malcolm. I believe he was her eldest."